Need a good moisturizer for dehydrated skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi ya

My skin is so dehydrated with this windy horrible weather and it makes my wrinkles look even worse ahhhhh:irked:

Any good advice to a really intense hydrating mousturizer that will keep my skin mousturized all day as i find the ones im using or tried dont last long and my skin sucks in my foundation within an hour or so yuk!:irked:

Tried clarins, boots make, loreal, environ (only cboost and debut not got any other mousturizer yet) wanted to get advice before i spend more money:eek:

I think my skin is also a little dry in places due to the wind etc nightmare on the old skin:cry:

cheers

At this time of year when skin can get dehydrated and sore my own skin benefits greatly with using Elemis sos emergency cream for a while.

I love dermalogica, especially skin smoothing cream, but might be worth popping into your local dermalogica salon and having a quick chat with the therapist, they should have some samples for you to take home & try, good luck! xx

Hi I know this problem well and sympathise!!:irked: First keep well hydrated - drink lots of water and no caffeine. Wearing a scarf outside also helps. I also find that a very fine facial oil is excellent under a light cream in this weather. I use a sun block as well every day over the top. I use Nimue products and they do an excellent barrier cream but you should find suitable products from most skin care companies. Salon treatments like massage and moisturising masks help rehydrate the surface.:)

Hi ya

My skin is so dehydrated with this windy horrible weather and it makes my wrinkles look even worse ahhhhh:irked:

Any good advice to a really intense hydrating mousturizer that will keep my skin mousturized all day as i find the ones im using or tried dont last long and my skin sucks in my foundation within an hour or so yuk!:irked:

Tried clarins, boots make, loreal, environ (only cboost and debut not got any other mousturizer yet) wanted to get advice before i spend more money:eek:

I think my skin is also a little dry in places due to the wind etc nightmare on the old skin:cry:

cheers
i am also like you ive tried lots of different moisturizers and the best one ive found and i always make sure i apply it before i apply my foundation is the body shops hemp face cream.i found that other moisturizers just absorbed into my skin to quickly which then i would need to apply some more.i dont have to do that with this one and it last all day.and whats also great is its reasonably priced as its only about £10.its the only one that i have found that really works for me and the tub seems to last forever.:)

and dont forget to wear an SPF!!! I know it doesnt look very sunny outside but you still need it!
wish I still worked at the salon hun, I could have sent you some samples, sorry xx

i swear by estee lauder (verite range) moisture relief cream..£36 lasts ages, very hydrating..

I wasn't sure about non professional brands but as others have posted, like i said, Chanel Hydromax range is great.

Try Elizabeth Ardens Eight Hour Skin Cream. It's very sticky but once it absorbs it's great. I always keep it in my bag when flying as its great for dehydrated skin. The hand cream is real good too!

I would highly recommend Germaine De Capuccini Hydra facial cream for dehydrated skin! Honestly it really, really, really, really does work! It puts moisture back in the skin instantly and not only this it also helps the skin to actually hold the moisture in too! I use all the Germaine De Capuccini skin care for my professional facials at my beauty room and recommend all the home care products.

During the last 2 and half week I've had a really nasty chest infection and my skin has looked awfully dehydrated. As soon as I got back into work I applied a professional Germaine De Capuccini hydrating serum to my face and neck, followed by a professional vitamin active concentrate. I then treated myself to a pot of Germaine De Capuccini Hydra facial cream and applied some of this. Hey presto! My skin feels fab again!

Luv Mrs Bean! xxxx:lol:

Thank you lots of brill advice will try these out asap before my face cracks and falls off lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hate these miserable cold windy grey days, sometimes ask myself why do we live in this country with expensive petrol, food clothes etc etc and the blimming cold brrrrrrrrrrr:irked:

Need to win the lottery and go to australia and open a lovely salon there, then I can make lots of money on treatments for sun issue skin problems lol:) The sun puts a smile on your face and it would be nice to step out in the mornings with a sun factor on a vest top and shorts and go for a lovely walk mm dream on zzz. sorry today has been horrible brrr just need some sun asap ahh:eek::eek:

cheers for the advice will look into it

moisturiser is spelt with an S not a Z!

another vote for Dermalogica's skin smoothing cream!

body shops hemp face cream.:)

I use this too, its sooooo good. I find i become sensitive to many moisturisers (even the best) but this is great, leave it 10 mins before putting foundation on, those wrinkles will be looking better in days!!!
(Sorry if this sounds unprofessional, I would also recommend Dermalogica Total Eye Cream!!!!!)

I am sorry for being a little pedantic here but aren't we supposed to be professionals offering professional advice?

We could all post our fave products and send someone into a turmoil of confusion. As we know little about your lifestyle, cannot actually feel and see your skin, or the products you currently use then I really feel the correct advice would be to go to your local salon and get them to give you the advice you need and the products to use FOR YOU. Blimey with some of the answers given, and some by people who aren't even skin geeks, I am surprised someone hasn't suggested slapping lard on your face :eek:!!!!

Come on let's stay professional. The Hair geeks have this problem too - people recommending OTC products. Nail geeks how would you feel if a skin geek recommended using Sally Hansen products in a nail thread, or worse?

I am sorry for being a little pedantic here but aren't we supposed to be professionals offering professional advice?

Come on let's stay professional. The Hair geeks have this problem too - people recommending OTC products. Nail geeks how would you feel if a skin geek recommended using Sally Hansen products in a nail thread, or worse?

Yes, you are right, I consider my hand slapped. Got carried away... :)

I would highly recommend Germaine De Capuccini Hydra facial cream for dehydrated skin! Honestly it really, really, really, really does work! It puts moisture back in the skin instantly and not only this it also helps the skin to actually hold the moisture in too! I use all the Germaine De Capuccini skin care for my professional facials at my beauty room and recommend all the home care products.

During the last 2 and half week I've had a really nasty chest infection and my skin has looked awfully dehydrated. As soon as I got back into work I applied a professional Germaine De Capuccini hydrating serum to my face and neck, followed by a professional vitamin active concentrate. I then treated myself to a pot of Germaine De Capuccini Hydra facial cream and applied some of this. Hey presto! My skin feels fab again!

Luv Mrs Bean! xxxx:lol:

Hi there

Thanks to everyone for helping out here really appreciate it. In the end I went to my local salon who stocked the hydra comfort moisturiser as above, she gave me a few samples to try (need to buy the range now) and give that a whirl, as i didnt want anything to rich as i do have the odd spot:irked:

The therapist agreed I have dehydrated skin and I found the hydra comfort very good indeed, not too rich, but put the moisture back and it is very good it made a big difference.

It is a mind boggling industry finding the right moisturiser out there:eek::eek: (sorry for spelling mistake oops mosturizer he he!:)) as so so many good products, Im still learning at college and have a lot to learn. Is there a skin bible book, similar to the nail book I purchased recently, by Douglas Schoons 2nd edition for nail structure, but for the skin, which goes into greater detail about the skin and the ingredients in products and their, usages? As I would love to learn more and more about the skin as level 2 covers the skin structure of course but not in depth with regards to ingredients and usages of skin creams etc.

cheers

Hi ya

cheers

My problem exactly - then i tried MATIS paris it is simply the best yes expensive but the best in my humble opinion. I only do nails but I am a therapist as well and if I did choose a brand I would go for Matis.
Feels like a cloud on your skin, see if there any salon near you get a sample try the fumdemental one its for a more dehydrated skin.

My problem exactly - then i tried MATIS paris it is simply the best yes expensive but the best in my humble opinion. I only do nails but I am a therapist as well and if I did choose a brand I would go for Matis.
Feels like a cloud on your skin, see if there any salon near you get a sample try the fumdemental one its for a more dehydrated skin.

Thanks hun, appreciate your help:hug: I do have a salon near me who stock that also, il give it a whirl before I commit just to compare, and see the results

cheers

have you tried Liz Earle skin repair?

Latest posts

Back