Need a new foot file or rasp! Which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
I am currently looking to purchase a new hard skin removal file. I currently have a tweezerman rasp but its a metal one and personally doesn't do the job.

I need help choosing a good one, preferably one with two sides with different grits on.

What is one you wouldn't live without that removes hard skin easily, and can be cleaned hygienically without having to buy replacement heads or grits?

Also if you could add where you bought yours from that would be great!

Thanks! X x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I've ordered CND file (with disposable pads in 2 different grits) and it was delivered today.

I'll let you know how it goes as I'm using it for the first time tomorrow

I am fed up with disinfecting my old foot file etc

I was using OPI and it was great but time to move on. I like the strips being disposable and I think that although it's an extra cost it's soooo worth it! My clients are worth it!

And I guess we can't go wrong with CND :)

I've ordered CND file (with disposable pads in 2 different grits) and it was delivered today.

I'll let you know how it goes as I'm using it for the first time tomorrow

I am fed up with disinfecting my old foot file etc

I was using OPI and it was great but time to move on. I like the strips being disposable and I think that although it's an extra cost it's soooo worth it! My clients are worth it!

And I guess we can't go wrong with CND :)

May I ask which OPI file you were using? As I have been looking at those ones. And was it good?

I love a file I used when I worked in a spa in Canada called "bio sana" haven't contacted them on wholesale prices for myself yet but I've had mine for 4 yrs and still going! Obviously it's just me using it and not as offends I should xx

Thank you for replying. I have done a lot of researching and have almost decided!

I use a Checi metal foot file. I have it in coarse and medium grits. They are sanitizible/disinfectable. You can also use them on dry feet. I really like these files as the come in several different grits. I use these on my own feet as well. They take care of the most calloused feet quickly.

OPI is good- I used the disinfectable one but I think it wears out too quickly. I got the CND one and it looks like a dream! I've heard about cechi rasps and apparently they are the business as well :)

OPI is good- I used the disinfectable one but I think it wears out too quickly. I got the CND one and it looks like a dream! I've heard about cechi rasps and apparently they are the business as well :)

How often do you need to change the grits on the CND one though?

I assume as they are disposable I should be changing them after each customer.

I've used so many different ones over the years and I'm delighted with the one from beauty select, who also supply the callus peel products.
This one also has disposable grits and it's hands down the best I've ever used.
I sell lots of them too, as once the client sees how fab they are they just have to have one!

I've used my CND one yesterday for the first time and it's AMAZING!! tbh I feel very tempted to sanitise it and yse it again as after 1 customer the replaceable pads are still super sharp and looking intact. Thought I update you x

I defo recommend it! Thumbs up for CND again :)

oooo no!
They're disposable for a reason!

oooo no!
They're disposable for a reason!

But surely that gets so expensive changing them after each client?

I build the cost of a new pad into my prices. It maybe more expensive than reusing it but hygiene is more important, I think.

But surely that gets so expensive changing them after each client?

I was interested in buying the CND one, but on S2 is doesn't actually say its "disposable" pads, it just says it has removable grits. I read this to mean that once your pad is getting past it's best you don't have to purchase a new one, you can just change the pad. I would just treat it like any other and sanitize it before and after using it, then when I feel it could do with replacing then I'd change the pad. This is just my opinion though 😉

Hello peeps :) just an update- I spoke to sweetsquared and they say that the pads are sanitazable. They recommend using new one for each customer but if there is still "life" in them them they can be sanitised and reused. So therapists choice.

And I must admit that CND callus smoother is now my new best friend! I love it!!!

Hi there iv noticed that tweezerman do one with disposable pads has anyone tried this one ?

Hi there iv noticed that tweezerman do one with disposable pads has anyone tried this one ?

I have just bought this one, but not tried it yet. Will let you know how I get on with it:)

I have the tweezerman one with removable pads and it's amazing! It really shifts the dead skin with half the effort. The only problem is I have to order the replacements from Amazon, which ultimately come from America as I haven't found them over here yet, but I am thrilled with it to say the least.

I have the tweezerman one with removable pads and it's amazing! It really shifts the dead skin with half the effort. The only problem is I have to order the replacements from Amazon, which ultimately come from America as I haven't found them over here yet, but I am thrilled with it to say the least.

Ellisons do the replaceable pads as I got both the file and the extra pads from them this week.

Latest posts

Back