Need a new gel system, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julieserenity

Reaction score
Hi all, I have used LCN Sculpture system for years but have been told (not from them!) That their office got shut down and everyone lost their jobs just before Christmas. I had just bought a gel pot which they only had a tiny one and not much stock so probably should have been suspicious.

What are your favourite gel systems (UK) looks like I'm going to have to change over!?
Thank you

Last edited:
There was an ad in the latest scratch magazing that for the moment UK customers can contact the LCN HQ in Germany to order, as it was only the UK distributor that had to close and not the whole company. I'm sure they will be working with a new distributor soon.

Hi Julie,
I too started off with Lcn. It’s all i knew. And then they shut down their office here where I live. I did lots of research and I tried Light Elegance. I haven’t looked back! Their products are amazing.

There was rumour that a new UK supplier would be in place early this year but I've not heard anything more so far. I'm quite surprised that it hasn't been snapped up by another distributor, it's a very good product.

There was an ad in the latest scratch magazing that for the moment UK customers can contact the LCN HQ in Germany to order, as it was only the UK distributor that had to close and not the whole company. I'm sure they will be working with a new distributor soon.
Thank you, shame they didn't feel the need to contact their actual clients though! Wonder how much shipping will be I just picked it up from round the corner as they wanted £7 to deliver to me!

Thank you, shame they didn't feel the need to contact their actual clients though! Wonder how much shipping will be I just picked it up from round the corner as they wanted £7 to deliver to me!

If you are liquidating etc you can’t say anything.

Totally, and sometimes you don’t get much, if any warning yourself, depending on the circumstances.

Hi Julie,
I too started off with Lcn. It’s all i knew. And then they shut down their office here where I live. I did lots of research and I tried Light Elegance. I haven’t looked back! Their products are amazing.
Thank you I have tried to search for them but the 2 websites I've found both say closed or don't distribute to the UK?! Where do you get yours?

Hi Julie,
Just seen you're in the USA

LCN announced two weeks ago that they had purchased Alessandro. Alessandro together with Catherine and LCN, were the original gel nail product brands in Germany. This, the closure of BCI and the closure of MaHa in Germany last year (CND distributor), may be an indication that the lower cost products are causing problems.

If you are interested to try Made in Sweden nail products, send me a PM.

Hi Julie , I have used both LCN and used to be the distributor in the Uk for Light Elegance but since 2009 have distributed Defianze gels . Not hugely known but range of colours and glitters to rival anyone and complete range of builder gels including Acrygel prime which is a mix of gel and acrylic. PM me if you would like to know more.

Latest posts

Back