Need a pick me up, setting up massage business in new area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitalityTherapies

Reaction score
I'm feeling a bit down today and need to rant. I have moved to a new area which is relatively small and quiet (Somerset) and we know no one. I have two children as well as just having had a baby 6 weeks ago. I'm itching to work but I always struggled to build my client base where we lived before which was in a garrison and I'm feeling really anxious about it happening again. I am a sports, remedial and holistic massage therapist.

I have started advertising on Facebook and leaflet dropping but I feel over-whelmed with not knowing the area and where to advertise.

Does anyone else focus on massage as a business> I am a qualified beauty therapist and Personal Trainer as well but for now I want to focus on what I love as with the children I really don't want to be worrying about equipment, stock etc and would rather aim to fill 3 days a week with appointments with massage than creating a business too large for me to deal with.

I hope this makes sense, I think I still have an element of baby brain. I would love to hear of people that have moved to a new area and set up and its been successful.

Thanks Natalie

I'm feeling a bit down today and need to rant. I have moved to a new area which is relatively small and quiet (Somerset) and we know no one. I have two children as well as just having had a baby 6 weeks ago. I'm itching to work but I always struggled to build my client base where we lived before which was in a garrison and I'm feeling really anxious about it happening again. I am a sports, remedial and holistic massage therapist.

I have started advertising on Facebook and leaflet dropping but I feel over-whelmed with not knowing the area and where to advertise.

Does anyone else focus on massage as a business> I am a qualified beauty therapist and Personal Trainer as well but for now I want to focus on what I love as with the children I really don't want to be worrying about equipment, stock etc and would rather aim to fill 3 days a week with appointments with massage than creating a business too large for me to deal with.

I hope this makes sense, I think I still have an element of baby brain. I would love to hear of people that have moved to a new area and set up and its been successful.

Thanks Natalie

Hi Natalie, unfortunately I can't help at the moment, but I will be in a similar situation as you. I'm currently training is soft tissue therapy (sports massage) and looking into the holistic side too. I am moving into a totally different career to what I do now (military) and at the same time will be moving into a different area where I know no one, so any advice you have would be great, I'm sure by now you have built up a cliental. Are you able to recommend a course provider that offers holistic massage. maxine

Hi Natalie, unfortunately I can't help at the moment, but I will be in a similar situation as you. I'm currently training is soft tissue therapy (sports massage) and looking into the holistic side too. I am moving into a totally different career to what I do now (military) and at the same time will be moving into a different area where I know no one, so any advice you have would be great, I'm sure by now you have built up a cliental. Are you able to recommend a course provider that offers holistic massage. maxine

The poster you've quoted has been absent from Salon Geek since the end of last year.

Latest posts

Back