Need a rant, people expect miracles!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMack_Ox

Reaction score
ok sorry but i really need a rant!
had a pregnant client with black hair ( has been for years ) wanting ombre..base 7 on midlenghts gradually going lighter! explained to her well before i done her hair & on the day that with being pregnant and so dark it might take a few attempts to get it to the shade she wanted she agreed and said she knew!. so i gave it a bleach bath just to get some colour out of her ends & it lifted up to a base 3! i then went in with prelightener & 9% and watched it, i then took it off and it had lightened up to a 6 hair was still in good condtion and we put a toner on it of CT 6/0 and then a treatment! everything was fine dried it and explained it still obviously wasnt the shade she wanted but we would have to work on it again and she agreed as we didnt want more bleach etc on it incase ends fried! we then tried to pay by bank transfer but it wouldnt let her so she was heading to town and i told her to go into bank & do it! .. didnt recieve a payment off her at all i knew then that something would be said! i also ran late with a customer because i had spent time on her hair! she now has took to fb to do a massive rant about how it wasnt what she wanted & claimed that i bleached it all twice & had no toner on it! which is complete bull i'd never leave a client without a toner etc.. im feeling so down now & angered at people who expect miracles from years of black hair colour after being told time and time again it is gonna take a while!!!!:cry::cry:

This is the exact reason I have declined a few similar sounding jobs recently !
No matter how many times you explain the process they are still not happy unless they get what they want !
They also do not understand that colour corrections of his kind take time and it needs to be reflected in the price ! We find they either want it all done for peanuts or if they accept its going to be a high cost then they want miracles !
Sometimes it's just not worth it !

This is the exact reason I have declined a few similar sounding jobs recently !
No matter how many times you explain the process they are still not happy unless they get what they want !
They also do not understand that colour corrections of his kind take time and it needs to be reflected in the price ! We find they either want it all done for peanuts or if they accept its going to be a high cost then they want miracles !
Sometimes it's just not worth it !

tell me about it wont be wasting my time again! hate people who expect miracles what was she expecting me to do .. use 12% on her head and let her hair fall off! grrr

Did she not pay you at all? You've started the process and you said you explained to her it would take a while. Have you made any contact with her since?

tell me about it wont be wasting my time again! hate people who expect miracles what was she expecting me to do .. use 12% on her head and let her hair fall off! grrr

Ha yes probably so then she could sue you as well !
The trouble is in most cases their friends and family don't understand the process either and when they start commenting on it and winding them up that they are not the colour they wanted they forget all you've said and think they are justified in not paying !

Did she not pay you at all? You've started the process and you said you explained to her it would take a while. Have you made any contact with her since?
no nothing at all! she said that she would have just got highlights if the ombre wouldnt work i explained both wouldnt still be as light as she wanted it still needs lifted lol! so annoyin haha! erh yea just now and this is what she is saying! x

no nothing at all! she said that she would have just got highlights if the ombre wouldnt work i explained both wouldnt still be as light as she wanted it still needs lifted lol! so annoyin haha! erh yea just now and this is what she is saying! x

It's terrible you have lost money from this client. Did she write on your Facebook? As you said she wrote something on Facebook?

She should really pay for what she's had done, after all she knew it would take more than one attempt!

Hope you get it all sorted x

It's terrible you have lost money from this client. Did she write on your Facebook? As you said she wrote something on Facebook?

She should really pay for what she's had done, after all she knew it would take more than one attempt!

Hope you get it all sorted x

no hers and then total twisted the story lol didnt write anything tho best to stay clear let her rant away i know i couldnt have done much more! x

no hers and then total twisted the story lol didnt write anything tho best to stay clear let her rant away i know i couldnt have done much more! x

I would try and get your money off her though, you did what she wanted and explained it wouldn't be the colour on the first go. Clients like this make me so annoyed. X

Annoys me to ! I don't think they realise how much time & effort goes into it! X

That's so unfair 😞 really feel for you she should count herself lucky she had a hairdresser who actually cared about her enough to do it the right way! This sort of thing makes me think there should b a system where clients sign after consultation with colour correction that they understand and have been explained the process and that it can't always be achieved in one visit x

Maybe in future you could ask for a deposit to secure the first appointment for a colour correction, rather than turn them down flat. Not all clients are as unreasonable as this one and you know how to get the job done properly so it would be a shame not to do them at all. When you go through the process at consult just add that due to the amount of product you need to have available and the amount of time needed for such a big transformation, you will require 50% upfront. Then if they say no, you haven't lost anything and they can go to the salon up the road who said it could be done in an hour and a half for £40!!

That's so unfair 😞 really feel for you she should count herself lucky she had a hairdresser who actually cared about her enough to do it the right way! This sort of thing makes me think there should b a system where clients sign after consultation with colour correction that they understand and have been explained the process and that it can't always be achieved in one visit x

I know! Ran late with my next client as I did it low and slow yes I think so too may look I to doing this x

Interestingly, my hair school (in Australia) does in fact get all colour correction clients to sign consult sheets before the service to make sure the client understands what is realistically achievable and the process undertaken, then after the service to say they are happy as well as a recommendation for the next service if need be and we also give out after care sheets. It's quite common practice apparently in better salons here. I haven't thought too much about it to be honest, but I'm quite thankful we do it now :( this is an awful situation to be in and I hope it disappears quickly for you x

Latest posts

Back