Need a virtual hug

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo

Reaction score
:hug::hug::hug:

Tried Rockstar fingers on a client for the first time tonight. I've seen loads of video's and had a few practice runs on myself. Some good some bad, but through trial and error I thought I'd cracked it.

The reason I need a hug is because even through I followed all the advice in the video's and what I'd practiced, they were sooooooo rough even after two top coats.

I must have read every post on Rockstar nails but I suppose there's nothing quite like having a go.

I refuse to give up and will have another practice on myself tomorrow but gosh sometimes I really do feel like giving it all up!

Aww massive :hug: for you honey! x

Maybe the glitter you have is not fine enough, it needs to be a glitter dust to get a perfect smooth finish xxx

We all feel like jacking it in at some point or other x keep going, you'll get there x

I find that pressing the glitter into the sticky layer (after curing my colour) with my fingers works really well. Even for the not so fine glitters. Then 2 top coats make them smooth. Hope that helps. Chin up xx

Hugs!

It does need to be quite fine glitter & good quality, thicker topcoat. Could your products be to blame instead hon? Xx

I think this sounds more like the type of glitter you are using. I'm VERY new to any form of nail art,and have tried the leopard nails from Holly, aka fingernail fixer with the glitter from Sweet Squared which I just pressed into the sticky layer with a gel brush and brushed off the excess. I only did one top coat too and it was fine.
Could it be that you are using too much?

Keep your chin up, and don't let a little glitter get you down, you'll get there. x
Less could very much be the answer.

Thanks guys. I have an account with Ellisons but they are always out of stock so I bought some glitter from the craft store. I'll try Ellisons later today and see if I can get some proper glitter x

Do you use a fan brush or something to "flick off|" the glitter which sometimes sits on top of your smooth application, before you topcoat?

But yes, otherwise it could well be your glitter is just too chunky. Hope you get it sorted hun, these things really bug you don't they.

I admire your refusal to give up lol! Remember, when you feel like throwing in the towel, if it was that easy, we wouldn't be able to offer it as a professional service and charge for it (I'm talking Shellac and Rockstars here and actually any of our services really). You can come through the tunnel and out the other side although it can be very dark in the middle :hug::hug:

Thanks guys. I have an account with Ellisons but they are always out of stock so I bought some glitter from the craft store. I'll try Ellisons later today and see if I can get some proper glitter x

Mine used to be slightly rough but I changed to irristable glitters from S2 or ellisons and they are amazing, super smooth after burnished into the tacky layer of the second colour coat.Really going over it to get excess glitter off then one coat of top coat.

Hth.. Don't give us get some colour pops and practice till your happy xx

Do you brush off the excess after you've patted/burnished it onto the tacky layer?
Do you use 2 layers of topcoat?
I found 2 layers of topcoat helped when I first started. I use Gelish.

Oops, sorry - I missed that you did 2 layers top coat.

Try the Sweet Squared glitter or Martha Stewart then see the differencex

Yay! Ellisons had the glitters in stock. Tank you all for your advice... I do everything that's been suggested so it must be the actual glitter.

I will give it another go on Monday when they arrive and see the difference :D

Yay! Ellisons had the glitters in stock. Tank you all for your advice... I do everything that's been suggested so it must be the actual glitter.

I will give it another go on Monday when they arrive and see the difference :D

Let us know hon! Xx

Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn't see it.

What system are you using to do you Rockstars? Shellac, Gelish etc.....

Dont be afraid to be a little more liberal with the first layer of topcoat that you apply, as you do more rockstars you will become used to how much you need to load on - with perfect results : )

In the name of sparkles, No giving up when it comes to glitter !!! <3

I use Gelish x

Latest posts

Back