Need advice and help with gels!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murballz94

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to this so I'm not too sure how to use it quite yet,
I'm 18 years old and just finished my CIBTAC beauty and body therpay exams before summer and passed yay!
I did a 3 day nail training course with The Edge gel nails about 6 months ago and I've been practising every day all day to improve my gel nails I want to start up shop at home and just need some professional advice on if I should wait it out and practice more also any insurance details if you have any about working at home?? I have almost no confidence on doing nails on clients because I worry I won't please people! but I adore doing nails and the ones I have done people have loved too I'm jsut too nervous incase I mess up and go wrong and have a bad name for myself forever! (exsagerated)
Just asking for any helpful tips on improving my customer service, should I wait it out, helpful tips on longer lasting gels anything is helpful to me!
Thanks guys!

Hi hun,
I'm pretty sure you will have nothing to worry about, everyone has to start somewhere, even the top names were new to this once!!
Have you thought about maybe offering an introduction rate at a discounted price and explain that you are new to nails? Offer this rate for maybe 1 or 2 appointments, then if they like your work I'm sure they will become regular clients!! Then after you feel confident in your ability you can begin to charge your full rate :)
Best of luck hun, I'm sure you will do fine xxx

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I was where you are about only a few months ago as I just qualified in March. I had the same fears as u. I just said if you don't start now, when do you start so I started my business and yes I did get a few bad reviews but to be honest It didn't matter as you can please everyone! I was very upset at the time about my bad reviews but it just made me want to work harder and find where i went wrong. I made my apologies and said I would redo the nails. The point is that eventually I did find clients that wanted to stay with me as my work got better and better..I may have not done my best work at the start but I was able to work out my problem and hopefully I will have opportunity to do their nails someday to prove to them that I can do a good job. If you say your just starting the people are generally very good with you. I have to do my first re-balance at the weekend as it is my first repeat with gels as I do a lot of Shellac and I'm very nervous about it. fingers crossed it goes well. I hope this has helped you a little bit ;0)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Oh my god okay thanks very much you guys were so helpful to me I feel a lot beter after your replies as I know I'm not alone in the world !! means alot to me :) xxx

also good luck with this weekend!! :)

Go for it I started straight out of college! You will always make mistakes but you can put them right! I've had days were i worry but I'm now 3 years in November and love every minute message me for any help 😃

Thanks very much!! Motivational!

Latest posts

Back