Need advice-massage certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting ridiculously out of hand. Why can’t you just stay your ground and go demand it back?
We have told you to ask a solicitor’s advice and instead you enlist yourself in a new course. It’s really not a matter of knowledge here, but of ethics. Regardless if the new certificate will include the knowledge from your old one I’d still want it back. You worked for it, it’s yours since you are offering to pay for it.
You are allowing this woman to bully and trump all over you and you don’t even realize it. She’s the kind of friend I wouldn’t want to hold onto and she can keep her “amiable” feelings for someone else.
This has BULLYING written all over it. And you are letting it happen!
Why ask for advice if you’re not gonna follow it? Talk to a solicitor!
Sorry for the tone but really hun I think you need some tough love here. Don’t you have someone close to you to back you up in this?

I can completely understand what everyone is saying.

Im a pushover, i know i am, i dont like to cause animosity anywere if i can help it.
I havent enrolled on a new massage course yet the company im doing my holistic facials with does them, so i was going to use them if i didnt get it.

Shes my mums best friend its not as easy as it seems :-( my best friends and the rest of my family are angry over it and cant understand why she is holding it even when i have offered her the money.
If i call the training academy, she will phone her and tell her ive called, she has done it before with previous employees and refused copies of certificates :-s

I don't understand why you haven't just phoned the training academy and explained the situation and asked them to issue you with another certificate?

To be honest, if you were willing to pay her for the certificate anyway, then you'd be better to take that money and spend it on an updated massage course that more than just two insurers will cover.

I wouldn't even waste any more time, energy, or money on seeing a solicitor about this or trying to cajole your ex-boss into handing it over.

The last time an employee phoned the training academy to request a copy she refused and phoned my boss to tell her :-(

I have sat there an thought....if only 2 insurers (supposedly) will insure that certificate....what good is it really?

Xx

I can completely understand what everyone is saying.

Im a pushover, i know i am, i dont like to cause animosity anywere if i can help it.
I havent enrolled on a new massage course yet the company im doing my holistic facials with does them, so i was going to use them if i didnt get it.

Shes my mums best friend its not as easy as it seems :-( my best friends and the rest of my family are angry over it and cant understand why she is holding it even when i have offered her the money.
If i call the training academy, she will phone her and tell her ive called, she has done it before with previous employees and refused copies of certificates :-s
Get your mum heavily involved in this. If she’s her best friend and values your mother’s friendship, she might give in to returning yours

Get your mum heavily involved in this. If she’s her best friend and values your mother’s friendship, she might give in to returning yours

Thank you.

I have tried to keep my mum out of it as much of possible because of the friendship.

As my mum i should be able to vent off to her a little bit over it :-(

Will see what happens
Xx

Latest posts

Back