Need advice-nails coming off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attitude

Reaction score
This is going to be long, so apologies in advance.

I have been doing nails since 2008. I did a lady a set of Brisa Lite sculpts on forms, followed by Shellac about 2.5 weeks ago. After a week, she texted and said 5 came off. I got her to send me a pic and some looked as if the Shellac had been torn off in a straight line. The extensions on these nails were gone.
I had my doubts but this was my first time using the pink sculpting (I use clear with no problems). I gave her the benefit of the doubt in case it was my fault or a faulty batch and re-did.

During the redo, she said "ohh I can get a different colour", which kind of ticked me off, but I complied. Also she wasn't charged in the first place for the Shellac add on, as I forgot.

Well now it's five days into the second (free) set and one has "come completely off".

Obviously I can't give her free nails forever, but how do I tell her?

I could remove all, saying she's not suited to the service and do a mini mani.
I could redo using Shellac only, which she will expect is free.

I am pretty sure it's not me, but how do I convince her of that?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Only give a free treatment once I think otherwise people really take advantage. I would go with the not suited option - if she wants to go elsewhere let her!

I'm assuming you don't have many other complaints?

Also after 5 days I would say not your problem (obviously not in that way). You have no control on what people do with their hands.
Perhaps write something in to your conditions about complaints needing to be lodged 48 hours afterwards?

Thank you for your reply. I have no other complaints. I also do the same service on her co-worker and hers last 3 weeks.

Sounds suspicious to me. Especially as her co-worker is ok. We could all do without clients like this but sadly they're out there.
Clients have a responsibility to look after their service when they've left you, otherwise you will from time to time get clients that really do take the mick!! Be firm and state that removal would be the best thing for her as you're not sure that she's suited to the type if enhancement system you use. Especially as a problem had occurred on more than one occasion.
(On your bike Luv!! Lol)

make her sign the form that you do one free repair that doesn't involve polish changing or anything like that. Once she clues in that you've clued in, she'll stop coming to you because she can no longer take advantage of you. She's figured out your kryptonite and is going to use it anyway she can. Don't let her.

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back