Need advice, no business coming through

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaEx

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I started out back in October my very own little beauty brand, I rent in this market hall in town but there is no passing trade coming from there I always get my clients through facebook advert or people coming in only when there are deals. I'm making no income atm since it all goes on rent £150 a month. Even as little as £150 i can't get any income for me. Anyway I then started to hire a chair at this beauty salon that is more microdermabrasion but nothing from there either. And I have to pay £50 and 25% commission to the owner. I then saw a hairdresser offering a beauty room that is £300 a month, I'm just wondering will I get more client from the hairdressers or not? Only problem is that the hairdressers is out of town just a little bit and not in the center.

I'm feeling really low atm since i'm making no money at all and life is just hard at the moment. Argh.

I'd say what have you got to lose. If you don't have passing trade, and not making any money..... Is it a busy hairdressers with a good client base? Go for it. Ask for a settling in period, and do lots of promotional offers to their clients. Word will spread very quickly. What's nicer than sitting with a colour on and having a manicure.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
X

What advertising do you do to attract clients and how often?

It's only been 5 months since you started so I wouldnt expect clients to be lining up.

It takes a hell of a lot of work to build a consistent business with regular clients. You need to be on the ball advertising daily, use social media platforms, selling sites, Internet sites, word of mouth etc.

What do you offer?

I have hardly any passing trade where I am but 2.5 years on I'm doing ok, it wasn't untill 18 months business started to pick up enough so I could take £50 a week for myself, I think being located in a market hall isn't good for business, we have one in my town like that and I wouldn't consider going there because of the location, not saying all market salons are not good but my local one is yucky, word of mouth is the best advert when starting out

I have hardly any passing trade where I am but 2.5 years on I'm doing ok, it wasn't untill 18 months business started to pick up enough so I could take £50 a week for myself, I think being located in a market hall isn't good for business, we have one in my town like that and I wouldn't consider going there because of the location, not saying all market salons are not good but my local one is yucky, word of mouth is the best advert when starting out

We don't get much passing trade either. Even though we overlook a busy car park in town centre. I was doing leaflet drops every so often round the car park but not done any over winter cos too wet.
We are also getting a proper sign up for the hair salon, finally! Clients would come in and say they never knew we were there!

Latest posts

Back