Need advice on bleaching hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shay4996

Reaction score
Okay so a little history on my hair! I’ve always been a blonde, every now and again I would dye my hair light brown just for something different but I always go back to blonde! Usually what I do is I just get box dye like Féria and it usually lifts it enough for me. I dyed my hair from light blonde to a dark brown and since there wasn’t a filler it has lightened up a lot over time. Now I just want to go back to blonde. I was wanting to use bleach this time but I see these packets of bleach online and they are 1 oz and I know for 1 part bleach I would use two parts developer. I kind of know the basics when it comes to bleaching but my hair is just a weird color and I’m not sure exactly how many 1oz packets I’m going to need. My hair is long and thick. And also after it’s bleached I need to figure out which toners to use!. I’m going to attach a few pictures of what my hair looks like now so u can see the length and color. the color I’m kinda aiming for which is like light natural blonde I would like to use wells toner t28. Also is it possible to mix toners? Like is there a toner I can use to get the orange out and then mix it with a toner to remove the yellow too? Cause I feel like my hair is going to be orange and yellow.

Attachments

• F3DAA113-2230-4A14-8986-A8DA2743A3F3.jpeg
    F3DAA113-2230-4A14-8986-A8DA2743A3F3.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 34
  • AF413847-D5B5-4C39-8C02-7CA66C49320E.jpeg
    AF413847-D5B5-4C39-8C02-7CA66C49320E.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 34
Okay so a little history on my hair! I’ve always been a blonde, every now and again I would dye my hair light brown just for something different but I always go back to blonde! Usually what I do is I just get box dye like Féria and it usually lifts it enough for me. I dyed my hair from light blonde to a dark brown and since there wasn’t a filler it has lightened up a lot over time. Now I just want to go back to blonde. I was wanting to use bleach this time but I see these packets of bleach online and they are 1 oz and I know for 1 part bleach I would use two parts developer. I kind of know the basics when it comes to bleaching but my hair is just a weird color and I’m not sure exactly how many 1oz packets I’m going to need. My hair is long and thick. And also after it’s bleached I need to figure out which toners to use!. I’m going to attach a few pictures of what my hair looks like now so u can see the length and color. the color I’m kinda aiming for which is like light natural blonde I would like to use wells toner t28. Also is it possible to mix toners? Like is there a toner I can use to get the orange out and then mix it with a toner to remove the yellow too? Cause I feel like my hair is going to be orange and yellow.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

I’m really sorry but it’s again site rules for our hair professionals to provide technical information or detailed colour formulas to those who are unqualified.

Please be patient and wait until lockdown has lifted, then seek the services of a local colourist, as opposed to experimenting with solutions and chemicals, which you will appreciate is potentially dangerous as well as damaging to your hair.

Latest posts

Back