Need advice on hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nBlossom1996

Reaction score
Hello, Everytime I do hard gel one or 2 nails come off within 2 weeks, if anyone has any advice to give that would be highly appreciated
Thanks x

Please write your full prep procedure, and a little info on which products and lamp you use, otherwise no one can help :)

Most likely reason: Poor prep.

Hi,
Thanks for reply

I do cuticle work first, then buff the nail, then dust off any dust, apply tip, take shine off tip, primer, then hard gel procedure
I use nsi
And my lamps I bought on amazon,
Brand JSDA LED/UV LAMP 48W

You don't cleanse with a dehydrator or acetone before primer? I believe most gel and acrylic systems recommend this.

You don't cleanse with a dehydrator or acetone before primer? I believe most gel and acrylic systems recommend this.
Sorry I do dehydrate forgot to add that .
Really confused why this happens

First off you are not using a lamp designed to go with that system . You MUST cleanse the nail plate before any gel application not just dehydrate xx

First off you are not using a lamp designed to go with that system . You MUST cleanse the nail plate before any gel application not just dehydrate xx
The trainor said that lamp was fine ‍♀️
Thanks for the advice though

Who was your trainer ? Was it an NSI trainer or generic one ?
Generic one.
I’m Gna try find a new brand and a trainer in that brand. Dint think I got the best training if I’m honest☹️

Thanks . Ok I hate to say it but she has possibly given you bad advice . I am not saying your lamp will not work with NSI but I and certainly your trainer can say this for sure . If I was you I would get a lamp recommended by NSI for use with their system and then see how you go .If you are still then having problems ask again and we can help you further x

Last edited:
I agree with the previous responses, also make sure you are not too close to the cuticle. Also, some hard girls tend to puddle in areas before cured, which causes stress spots that will lift.

Thanks . Ok I hate to say it but she has possibly given you bad advice . I am not saying your lamp will not work with NSI but I and certainly your trainer can say this for sure . If I was you I would get a lamp recommended by NSI for use with their system and then see how you go .If you are still then having problems ask again and we can help you further x
Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a try

Latest posts

Back