Need Advice on nvqs, vtct etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purelynailz

Reaction score
hi
I need some advice , i want to do my nvq l3 in nail technology , but dont understand the difference between the vtct , itec , city and guilds etc. Is there any difference ? or is there one thats better than the other ? I have done training with creative and ezflow already which i found both to be great and im still doing various courses with these companies reguarly but would still like to gain my nvq in nails . I have been told that i could do nvq l2 in nail treatments at my local college then go on to do l3 in nail technology but theres not any colleges local to me that do the l3 course . Do i need to do l2 before l3 ? Also does anyone know of anywhere around norfolk/suffolk that offers these courses , i do have my own mobile nail business and 3 kiddies so would ideally need to be part time, if thats possible ! Any help or advice would be great .thanx

Hi, yes you would need to do your nvq2 before you could onto doing the level3. Both c&g and VTCT have different ranges to meet within completing your course.
you could hav look on the C&G website to try and find a college that offers it in your area here is the link City & Guilds - Skills for a brighter future or look at the VTCT web site www.vtct.org.uk.
I teach both C&G and VTCT courses so if you would like anymore info just pm me or post on here.

HTH.:hug:

Things may have changed since I looked, but I couldn't find ANYWHERE in or near Norfolk that did the NVQ or VTCT nails qualifications:rolleyes:. If you do find anywhere, please let me know, I'm in Norwich and would love to get these qualifications, especially the NVQ (I have VTCT certs in Make Up, body painting, etc, and to be honest thought they were rather too easy to gain, so am a bit dissillusioned by them.)

ITEC - Home

offers nail, beauty and holistic courses and allows you to search for colleges nearest to you by your postcode

Things may have changed since I looked, but I couldn't find ANYWHERE in or near Norfolk that did the NVQ or VTCT nails qualifications:rolleyes:. If you do find anywhere, please let me know, I'm in Norwich and would love to get these qualifications, especially the NVQ (I have VTCT certs in Make Up, body painting, etc, and to be honest thought they were rather too easy to gain, so am a bit dissillusioned by them.)
The nearest ive found that offers the nvq l2 and 3 are the creative academys in loughton essex and milton keynes but there an 11/2 drive for me so prob would take you about 2 hrs . Did speak to anne swain at milton keynes and she said that there hoping to be able to offer the vtct qualifications soon but im still not quite sure what the best way to go is (nvq l2 then 3 ) or vtct l2 then 3 .....or what the difference is but sure ill figure it out !:confused:

HI Ditzy try these which i have just found on the VTCT site VTCT for centres i hope that they are some use to you.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back