Need advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeygrace

Reaction score
Hello not sure if I have put this in the right forum but really need some advice.
I had a client ring me just now for an acrylic nail appointment, normally I know my clients or know them from some one else if you know what I mean.
The phone call was really strange and I have a bad feeling about it.
The lady wanted nails and as she lives 20 mins away I said I would need to calculate mileage. She said she will just go somewhere local so i said it would not be much more and she said well she is a nail technican herself but doesnt get time to do it so can I use her tips instead and charge the same (I only charge £12.50 as it is because I do tip and dip at the moment whilst learning sculptured acrylics). She then asked me to do it in her garage. I was put off by all of this and forgot to ask her name and only have the number she rang me off.
I just have a bad feeling about going but don't want to not turn up as that is rude and unprofessional so what can i do? I am new to being mobile and as it was my first enquiry on the phone i forgot to ask the details I need!

Sorry if I have not explained myself properly :) thanks for any help xx

Hm that is strange. I would feel the same too! If u really have strong feelings tht u shudnt go then don't! If she has time to pay someone to do her nails then surely she has time to do her own? Ur health is more important and doing it In a cold garage isn't good and ur stressed about it x

Thank your for replying as Im really panicking!! The whole call was strange as soon as i answered she said hello then said wait and didnt speak for a while lol!
I thought the same as you about the time too! xx

I'd ring her back with something along these lines:

'Hello, Ms. [insert name], I apologise for calling again but I was in a busy area when we spoke and I just wanted to make sure I have your details correct. Could you just repeat your address for me?

Also, can I ask why it needs to be done in the garage? If you have a dining table we can use that, or I can bring mine - temperature is a very important factor when applying enhancements so a colder room may cause a problem. I'm quite happy to use my own tips but thank you for the offer."

That's all you need to say. If you still feel uncomfortable, I'd say trust your gut (although it may just be you're nervous about your first "real" client (someone you don't know).

Take care xx

thank you for the advice! She has rang back again and changed the appointment but now I have her mobile number so if I decided to cancel at least I know have her name and number.
I am ok with people who I don't know i think, there is just something odd about the phone calls and the thing she has said :S
xx

Hi, I do tip and dip sometimes when short on time so temperature wont really matter that much but maybe she doesn't want the wonderful Monomer aroma in her house. (My husband cant abide the smell) I would ring her back to ask why the garage and if she says the stink then you can assure her that the system you use has no smell apart from the resin and activator.

I agree with VerdePurdy, maybe you are a bit apprehensive with a nail tech wanting you to do her nails. It is a bit daunting when starting out to have another professional at your mercy.LOL

Good luck and let us know how it went

I do that sometimes too if the call is answered when I'm busy with something else, It's easy to get paranoid when your mind starts running things over in you mind

Thank your for replying as Im really panicking!! The whole call was strange as soon as i answered she said hello then said wait and didnt speak for a while lol!
I thought the same as you about the time too! xx

Latest posts

Back