Need advice regarding a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey1969

Reaction score
This client has been with me 8 months and she cones every 3/4 weeks for acrylic infils and gel polish. The issue i have she sometimes takes my gel polish off and puts her own on but only when they have started to grow out so she applies her gel polish to the regrowth as well. This makes my job harder because then i have to be carefull about the filing. U use an e file ONLY on the acrylics ti remove the gel polish but then i have to hand file where the regrowth is and this can add another 10/15 minutes onto my time and i work by appointments only. All my clients have booked in till October. I neex to tell her to stop doing this because she is removing my gel polish then applying her own but also shes filing some of the acrylic when doing this and making her nails weaker. Any advice please on how to tell her as ive already mentioned this in the passed but shes still doing it and she had to come fir 2 repairs last night due to her filing.

I remove free of charge where I have applied the product and am then reapplying. However, I charge a removal fee if the product has been applied elsewhere - I would count that as this.

I do this because I have a client who comes to me for pedicures and whose niece does her nails on a general basis (though she comes to me to have them done sometimes) and removing them is the biggest pain in the backside. Her niece doesn't soak off, she files down and applies ON TOP OF existing product. I think the first time she came to me, I counted 6 or 7 different colours... I charge this client for removal.

Meant to add: if this is not something you currently do, then I would consider adding it when you do your annual price rise and state that it will apply to all customers. When this customer comes in, you can charge her for the extra time it takes to remove. Or perhaps she'll stop doing it...

Definitely start charging for removal of products not applied by yourself and also point out that you cannot guarantee your work if the gel polish is not removed by you and charge for repairs. Maybe suggest that if she wants more flexibility with colour inbetween appointments she just has normal polish.

Just wondering why she feels the need to change her gel? Is it not lasting? If it's just she fancies a change then why don't you suggest regular polish over her acrylics that way it makes it easier for everyone.

I agree if you charge her for repairs and for removal then she might think twice if she continues then you're still getting paid for the extra time.

I have a few of those, Vinylux is a great option for my ladies that want a color change half way through.

Latest posts

Back