Need advice regarding nails falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just going back to the original questions, are you sure you are sizing your tips correctly? If there's a gap and you are having to push your tips down a lot to meet the nail you may have too deep a c curve from the tip, or you may be using too small a tip. One way round this is use a larger tip to get the right fit for c curve then tailor the sidewalls in to fit.

Re adhesive - are you using CND gelbond? If not pick some up. I do get stuck to clients occasionally but it's fine even if I pull away the fingers separate but the tip stays in place - not advising it but it's not the end of the world!

Are you putting adhesive on both the tip and nail?

Re the tipping/blending do you pre-tailor your tips? Ie thin them out as much as possible before even adhering them to the nail?

You'll get there hon. I still hate blending & just can't get it done in a reasonable time. Takes me ages then once it's done the rest of the enhancement just happens in a flash! Xx

Just going back to the original questions, are you sure you are sizing your tips correctly? If there's a gap and you are having to push your tips down a lot to meet the nail you may have too deep a c curve from the tip, or you may be using too small a tip. One way round this is use a larger tip to get the right fit for c curve then tailor the sidewalls in to fit.

I think I may have been using too small a tip tbh :-/ on some of them anyway..

Re adhesive - are you using CND gelbond? If not pick some up. I do get stuck to clients occasionally but it's fine even if I pull away the fingers separate but the tip stays in place - not advising it but it's not the end of the world!

Yeah, I use CND gel bond, quite like it but cant wait till they bring out there new packaging!

Are you putting adhesive on both the tip and nail?

No, only the tip, sweeping the adhesive right over it then applying at an angle, I then push the corner down to make sure they are stuck down properly.

Re the tipping/blending do you pre-tailor your tips? Ie thin them out as much as possible before even adhering them to the nail?

No, as iv been using the well less pro impressions... It takes me a redic amount of time to reduce and blend :(

You'll get there hon. I still hate blending & just can't get it done in a reasonable time. Takes me ages then once it's done the rest of the enhancement just happens in a flash! Xx

Thanks for your help :)

sometimes with the pro impression tips because of the deep smile lines the ears of the tip will stick up alright. I just gently press them back down with the edge of my nail , although i know that there are tweezers out there designed for this job.

If the gap is in the middle of the tip by the centre of the smile line then the tips are indeed too small and you'll need to go up a size :D

I found the best way to blend tips when I first started out was to do them BEFORE they were on the nails - you could even get them ready before client arrives and use a lower grit file to speed it up. :)

Latest posts

Back