Need advice searching for first beauty job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrenG

New treatments
Reaction score
I am 45 and I qualified in Btec level 3 last year and after moving home now looking for my first job. All job adverts seem to request 2 years experience, feeling frustrated and not sure where to turn, any advice appreciated. Is my age against me?

Hi Bren
I would say your age is an asset. If I was employing, I would ideally want some experience, but often find that some experience isn't always the best - experience of poor quality treatments, or bad training etc. I think people are often naive with their view to employment. Stick it out - I'm sure there is something out there for you!

Vic x

I really don’t want to disappoint you but at times your age will be against you. It’s an obvious that people want youngster to look forward too, but like squidegernetball said, it might work for advantage to but all depends on the place where you look for work. If you look to work at established salons then you won’t find any success, so at the moment look for new ones as they requires experience and you will be just perfect!

Latest posts

Back