Need advice - split nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelardn

Reaction score
I have a lady with a split from her free edge and it going down towards her cuticle ( sorry can't remember if its vertical or horizontal )
Any advice on what I can use or do.
Thanks in advance x

Is it a temporary split; ie due to injury or is it a permanent one; continually splits no matter what she does?

If its the first then I would either do a silk or fiberglass repair together with shellac until the split has grown out. She could then continue her normal nail routine after that.

If its the second then I would do something similar to the first option but you'd have to tell her that it will never "be fixed" and as long as she carried on with the protection then the nail should be fairly trouble free. I've also had very good results with permanent splits using Brisa Lite under Shellac and have, in some cases, had better results.

HTH
Karaxxx

I have a client who has this on a few nails, I use BioSculpture and use silk repairs underneath. Occasionally we manage to grow the splits out but they always come back :(

A client who had a permanent split for years and years tried Environ AVST1 moisturiser and Nailtiques No2 on my recommendation and came in after about 6 weeks proudly showing me her completely perfect nail! Magic!!! Why do I never take pics!!!

Iv been using Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel or Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel dependant on the split and the clients lifestyle with great results

Thanks for the replies. It's just a recent split. Shellac lasts for 4-5 days then it starts to lift. Don't have the brisa lite yet but think I need to have a visit to the centre ASAP

Latest posts

Back