need advice tucking it in to bed!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel1978

Reaction score
Hi Peeps
I am getting really annoyed with my self!!! I seem to struggle tucking the acrylic in to the side walls! It always seems too thick at the side walls and i can't alway get the acrylic flush at the sides!
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi,
I struggled with this for ages until I realised that my brush was no longer looking like a paddle (you must train yr brush to stay in this position).
On the top part of the nail you pat the beads down with the brush with paddle full on but as you work towards the side walls your brush should be almost on it's side. So, if you were to look straight down on it from above the brush would look thin.
I'm not v good at explaining this - sorry.
You need to still pat the side walls down to get the adhesion.
Keep practicing too - you WILL get there I promise !!
Good luck

Debbies advice is spot on.

The flat side of the brush should always be facing the curve of the nail. This means that as you press towards the sides, your brush will also be turning in your fingers so that the flat side can press the product onto the sides.

Then of course, your last move is to stroke the bead from the side, back towards the center, using nice fluid long 'north to south' strokes. First from one side to the middle and stop, and then from the othe side to the middle and stop. This is what creates beautiful nails and gives them that lovely 'c' curve instead of looking flat.

Latest posts

Back