Need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMack_Ox

Reaction score
hi guys need a bit of help, i had a client who had balayage the bottom was probably about a base 9/10 she went on holiday and it lightened up even more with the sun!

she was wanting to go down to a base 4,anyway i put on CT 5/0 and 1.9% as her hair is usually quite porous and sucks all the colour in really well so 9 times out of 10 it always goes darker than what we want. well when i done it i left it then did a wee test & it looks great nice & dark, then as soon as i washed it off the colour just went! it toned the blonde down quite a bit althoughstill looked like some sort of balayage, i then tired CT4/77 again with 1.9% again look great and had taken well till i washed and dried, nothign seems to be sticking to her hair at all and the 4/77 didnt even darken her roots at all! was like i put nothing on it. thought the 4 would have at least darkened it a bit.

anybody have advice for me im at a loss as of what to do, she says its happened a few times before when she tried to go brown etc the colour wouldnt work. i did explain it could be porous and instead of sucking colour in it's now just letting it slide.

thanks

The cuticles are probably so bad now the colours just washing out, I've had this this week with a new client, I'm going to use a semi this time round coz the molecules of colour are bigger so will hopefully wedge themselves into the cuticles better n stay a bit longer x

I think trying to go from 9/10 to a 4/5 in one step with color touch is the issue. Id prepig with the missing underlying pigment, I think in this case, red-orange. If you do this step, the color will hold longer. You can't go that many levels down with color touch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with the pre pig. You're lucky it didn't take it'd be khaki.

Pre pig then use the desired colour (Demi) retail her a true semi.

What's she using on her hair? Is there a build up of silicones? Try a deep cleansing treatment before colouring

When ever I take blondes dark again I use a N colour and a tad of warmth so for example 4n usually a semi then add some /44 6.6 which ever warm tone I feel necessary kinda treat it like silver hair x

I agree with the pre pig. You're lucky it didn't take it'd be khaki.

Pre pig then use the desired colour (Demi) retail her a true semi.

What's she using on her hair? Is there a build up of silicones? Try a deep cleansing treatment before colouring

not to sure what shes been using tbh!, will find out tho x

Sounds like shes void of protein. Hair is composed of Keratin or "K" which forms the cuticles structure & is a fibrous protein that is responsible for the strength of our hair & nails.

This protein is what color molecules bond to for chem services & help determine porosity levels. When the hair is void of K from being over chemically processed, the created damage has no protein left for color molecules to bond/affix themselves to so all color washes down the drain.

Best fix is to get a spray format K aka "pure K", saturate clean,dry hair,comb through,bag it up,& lo-heat for 20mins or instructed time according to product.
Some rinse out with tepid-cool h20, others leave in & color over top of K.

Pre pig most definitely required to go lv4-5-6. Go a lv lighter than target color for pre pig. If more cool/ash/N target color is desired, pre pig with a gold copper or double gold copper to control warmth by red. If Warmth is desired use opposite, copper gold od double copper gold.

Pre pig to completly dry hair or slightly damp with K if instructed by product.
If pre pigging with 3%,let formula stand 10 mins after mixing to bypass cuticle roughening/opening stage,process for remaining color cycle. Remove color,dry hair fully & apply target color @ 3% strength fully process, remove as usual.

Charge for color correction as this process takes extra steps/time necessary for proper & normal lasting results! Up-keep will be a normal root color with refresh.

Sounds like shes void of protein. Hair is composed of Keratin or "K" which forms the cuticles structure & is a fibrous protein that is responsible for the strength of our hair & nails.

This protein is what color molecules bond to for chem services & help determine porosity levels. When the hair is void of K from being over chemically processed, the created damage has no protein left for color molecules to bond/affix themselves to so all color washes down the drain.

Best fix is to get a spray format K aka "pure K", saturate clean,dry hair,comb through,bag it up,& lo-heat for 20mins or instructed time according to product.
Some rinse out with tepid-cool h20, others leave in & color over top of K.

Pre pig most definitely required to go lv4-5-6. Go a lv lighter than target color for pre pig. If more cool/ash/N target color is desired, pre pig with a gold copper or double gold copper to control warmth by red. If Warmth is desired use opposite, copper gold od double copper gold.

Pre pig to completly dry hair or slightly damp with K if instructed by product.
If pre pigging with 3%,let formula stand 10 mins after mixing to bypass cuticle roughening/opening stage,process for remaining color cycle. Remove color,dry hair fully & apply target color @ 3% strength fully process, remove as usual.

Charge for color correction as this process takes extra steps/time necessary for proper & normal lasting results! Up-keep will be a normal root color with refresh.

I find your information hard to digest maybe you could break it down to more bit size chunks???

Latest posts

Back