...*???Need an answer please*...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica_x

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I recently done rebalances on a lady that whos nails i've been doing for about 3 months. She had 2 nails missing and on her nail plates there was brusing this was the first I had seen of it but it was on both nails.

Any idea why this might be??
Thanks
x

you sure it was bruising?
could it have been " greenies"?
when they are really well set in they can be dark and look like bruises?

Hi everyone...

I recently done rebalances on a lady that whos nails i've been doing for about 3 months. She had 2 nails missing and on her nail plates there was brusing this was the first I had seen of it but it was on both nails.

Any idea why this might be??
Thanks
x
Likely because they had been bashed....if all has been fine until now and you are doing everything right, there's no reason for this to be the fault of the nail technician.

you sure it was bruising?
could it have been " greenies"?
when they are really well set in they can be dark and look like bruises?
Could be that too! I was thinking more splinter haemorhage bruising than a skin looking bruise!

Likely because they had been bashed....if all has been fine until now and you are doing everything right, there's no reason for this to be the fault of the nail technician.

This was my first thought too . . . she's walloped them. If this is the case, they will probably (although not necessarily) have been quite tender to file/buff on even over new product, and if you did gels on her they may have reacted to a bit of heat spike under the lamp even if they don't normally.

Or greenies, possibly, but do you mean a green/black bruise or a pink/red bruise?

Or of course it could have been both, greenies because they lifted when she bashed them :lol: hth x

Sounds like a classic case of a bacterial infection to me (sometimes known as greenies which really doesn't help as an explanation for you if you don't know what it means).

Sometimes after a few rebalances or if the enhancments are getting old and brittle, they start to leak and your inexperience may not have spotted it and water got trapped underneath the product. Sometimes the client has bent the nail which causes leakage too.

Anyway, advice is to remove the product from the two affected nails. Give them a good scrub with your nail preparation solution. Let dry thoroughly and then reapply new overlays.

You may still be able to see the discolouration and this will have to grow out ... it should not get any worse.

Read the tutorial on this site regarding 'mouldy old fun guys' ... sorry it is the geek sense of humour but very informative.:lol:

Latest posts

Back