Need business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louisaxo

Reaction score
So I’ve just started out on my spray tanning, passed my course a week ago, been practicing on family and friends. I currently have a Facebook and Instagram page for my business. I haven’t got anywhere as of yet, was wondering if anyone’s had the same? I’ve been trying to charge £18 mobile and £15 for them to come to my house. Can anyone help me? x

I find It's usually fairly quiet still at this time of the year for spray tans. Once the weather starts warming up and people start shedding their winter layers they start to think about tans again. Don't be tempted to lower your prices any more though as you'll find it hard to increase them once business builds up. I charge £20 and my clients come to me.

You may also want to consider producing a leaflet and do a leaflet drop in your local area, I have just set up a new business and have only really got business from leaflet drops, a couple have been from social media but most from other sources. It's slow but worth the wait! Good luck with your new business too

Thanks I might give that ago x

It’s only been a week, building a business takes a lot of time and doesn’t happen over night. When I first started my salon I probably only had a handful of clients in the first month, now a year and a half down the line I am in every day working full time.

Keep advertising on social media, get your leaflets out there, make a website, and advertise on different groups on Facebook etc. There are great threads on this sight, especially on the ‘business’ section for how to build up clientele. It takes a lot of time, effort, and money but you’ll get there if you put your all into it :)

Thanks so much I’ll take a lookxx

So I’ve just started out on my spray tanning, passed my course a week ago, been practicing on family and friends. I currently have a Facebook and Instagram page for my business. I haven’t got anywhere as of yet, was wondering if anyone’s had the same? I’ve been trying to charge £18 mobile and £15 for them to come to my house. Can anyone help me? x

Hi Louis are you using the logos of the tan you use ?
Are you explaining how the tan works ? Pre tanning and after care
Google plus
Website
Party events
Gumtree
Group on

Any offers or loyalty cards
Posting leaflets..
I have my own salon and own a brand called beach brown
A lot of people but a price to a tan but cliants want to know as much about a tan to why it's better ? Why choose you ..hope this helps

Thanks hun, I’ve posted why I use crazy angel. I may also offer a second tanning solution after a while, don’t want to use sienna x as bit overrated as lot of people in Bournemouth use it, want to use either tantruth or white to brown.

I want to add my business so can’t do leaflets yet as I only offer tanning at the moment and will have to change them.

As a rough guide....your first year of business you will work at a loss, your second year you will break even and your third year you'll make profit. It takes a while to build a business. Its not something that just happens over night. You have only been qualified a week. You have a long way to go. Spray tanning is slow at this time of year and will start picking up again very soon. Are there many spray tanners in your area? What can you do to stand out from the others? If you are 'just another spray tanner' people will continue to go where they already go. You need to market yourself well and be better than others around you. Offer more to the clients and they will come to you. Use sticky feet, hair nets, even a dusting of powder on sticky areas, these little extras all stand out to clients. And always be happy and upbeat. If clients feel good around you, it shows. And word of mouth from these clients is a very powerful thing. xx

Finally have my first client today ☺️ Thanks girlies for your advice x

I started my mobile tanning almost 2 months ago and have nearly made half my money back already. I have really pushed social media, particularly Instagram. Instagram has given me many clients. Without looking 'stalkery' I just follow literally every woman in my local area. And advertise offers on local facebays. I also like literally every selfie going! Hahaha. This has really really helped me. Whenever anyone likes my posts I will message them to say thank you and that they know where I am should they ever want a spray tan. Definitely try it out!

Ooo I have both a business page on Facebook and Instagram so I’ll give that a try. Thank you x

Latest posts

Back