Need desperate advice! Which extensions are better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzyxoxo

Reaction score
I currently have Cinderella extensions, last time I took them out I found my hair to be damaged. I don't know if this is because of the way the extensions were put in or whether it is because the Cinderella hair is not of best quality.

I really need advice as I love having hair extensions but I am worried about the damage of my own hair. I have spoken to friends of mine who have great lengths extensions and they said their hair wasn't damaged and was in fact longer and healthier. Is this the norm?

Thank you so much

What makes you say your hair was damaged?

What makes you say your hair was damaged?

Well when I had the extensions out, my hair was very brittle and jagged on the ends.

I wouldn't say it was the extensions that damaged it then, if it was the damage would be on the area where the extensions were connected to your hair, it's much more likely to be that your real hair wasn't getting the right things it needed whilst they were in, is your natural hair lightened?

I wouldn't say it was the extensions that damaged it then, if it was the damage would be on the area where the extensions were connected to your hair, it's much more likely to be that your real hair wasn't getting the right things it needed whilst they were in, is your natural hair lightened?
Yes I do have highlights in my hair and I did use oils and masks in my hair whilst I was in, though I did also use hair straightening irons as well. So do you think that was the cause of it and not the actual cinderella extensions themselves?

Sounds like heat damage.

Do you think heat damage from the way the extensions were put in, or from using hair straighteners?

Like @surf girl said if damage was from the extension fitting it would be near to the root where the hair was applied or to the scalp! How often was you using straighteners or curling irons on your hair?

Like @surf girl said if damage was from the extension fitting it would be near to the root where the hair was applied or to the scalp! How often was you using straighteners or curling irons on your hair?

I use straighteners twice a week as I've got quite frizzy hair. I also did a deep conditioning mask once a week. Do extensions usually damage your own hair in general?

Do you think heat damage from the way the extensions were put in, or from using hair straighteners?

No from heat styling.

Extensions should not damage your hair if fitting correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not usually I've had some in and mines grown loads but I think I've noticed how much more it's grown when I can't see my natural hair if you get me? I always dried my hair but I would only use other heat when I was going somewhere I just like the fact I could do lots of up dos or fish tail plaits and stuff.

How long do you go between trims? And did you stick to this when you had your extensions in?

What method did you have?

Not usually I've had some in and mines grown loads but I think I've noticed how much more it's grown when I can't see my natural hair if you get me? I always dried my hair but I would only use other heat when I was going somewhere I just like the fact I could do lots of up dos or fish tail plaits and stuff.

How long do you go between trims? And did you stick to this when you had your extensions in?

What method did you have?
Thanks so much for ur replies everyone. I am so confused as to why my hair was so damaged and didn't grow at all :( I normally get a trim every 8 weeks and I always got a regular trim when I hqd extensions as well. I think the method used was the hot rod method? They are the Cinderella keratin bonded extensions

Bump

Please let me know your opinions, i'm not sure whether to look for a new hairdresser who uses a different type of extensions? I'm just unsure why my hair was so damaged and my extensions that I've got at the moment are due a change soon!

Like previous posts say if the extensions had damaged your hair the damage would be by the root not on the ends x

Like previous posts say if the extensions had damaged your hair the damage would be by the root not on the ends x
So it defo wouldn't be the cinderella extension quality that would be damaging the mid-ends of my hair? x

Nope not possible, its the problems mentioned above, lack of product getting onto your natural hair & too much heat

I'm just wondering if when you straightened your hair you melted some of the silicone the cinderella extensions were coated in, into your own hairs cuticle?

im guessing you used a sulphate free shampoo on them as advised?

Sodium Lauryl sulphate is the only thing that removes non water soluble silicone. The result is the silicone has coated the hair and no nourishing treatments are getting into your own hair.

The answer would be to use a horrid SLS shampoo now, a protein pack (or an egg) then a good moisturizing conditioner overnight. The key is cleanse, protein, moisture = balance :)

If you really want to avoid this happening again and want extensions im afraid you need to shell out for raw virgin. ( i do it) or fiddle like mad to straighten your own hair away from the silicone coated processed extensions.

That is my 2p's worth hun X

Are you having straight extensions put in curly hair? If so thats a lot of styling to do all the time....seriously go virgin and have your texture matched. If its trashed and get a good balance routine, only use water soluble cones after you straighten..sorry thats 3p's worth x
X

Are you having straight extensions put in curly hair? If so thats a lot of styling to do all the time....seriously go virgin and have your texture matched. If its trashed and get a good balance routine, only use water soluble cones after you straighten..sorry thats 3p's worth x
X
Thanks so much for the advice. I'm having wavy extensions put in as my hair is neither straight nor curly, its just frizz lol. Which extensions do you have?
Ps. Yes I did use a sulphate free shampoo

I make them myself. I know of a couple of salons in london who do virgin hair but they are super exspensive, one is Tatiana Karelina in kensington is 1. Im in manchester but sometimes travel down, id be happy to chat to you on the phone and give you propper advice theres too much to write here! ill send you my number X

Latest posts

Back