Need hair extensions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So yesterday I had a client for hair extensions, from the get go she was very fussy.. which was fine but quite stressful as when she first had her consultation i couldn't match her up with any of my colours on the colour wheel as she was a copper, So i was advised by my manufacturer that i could buy a brighter shade and then dye them to the colour she is. obviously i was quite worried this may not work and turn out a different colour. However my client was adamant she wanted me to dye them. I stayed up late dying them and thankfully they were the exact colour of her hair. The following day she turned up to her appointment from the moment she walked through the door she was being picky asking me how matted they were going to be, after putting in 1 row saying they were too heavy even though her hair was very thick, asking me to put extensions on the hairline even though i told her they would be visible.. she asked me to order 20 inch and I ended up cutting into a bob as she didn't like the length and kept saying they were too heavy.

Anyway after a 4 hour job which usually takes 2 hours, I finally finished. And then she asked if she could pay me the next day as she didn't have any money on her.. well today i messaged her and asked if i could have the money she told me that the hair extensions were malting excessively and that she wanted a refund for the hair.. I messaged my hair manufacturer and they said they've never had this problem.. I then asked her if i could see them and if they were bad id remove free of charge, to that she said she wanted them removed but she wanted to keep the hair and she couldn't wait for her refund. I also asked if i could see the hair that has fallen out and she messaged me saying that she couldn't gather it all up as there was dog hair init. but then half an hour later sent me a photo, which everyone I've shown the photo to said looks as though shes cut the hair? can anyone advise?

Sorry, but you’ve been scammed!
Deliver an invoice to her house with a 7 day deadline and tell her if she doesn’t pay in full, you’ll be taking her to court for breach of contract.
Don’t get into any text discussions at all.
Keep it professional.

If someone doesn’t like their extensions for whatever reason, you remove them but insist on keeping the hair.
Only refund if you know you’ve made a serious mistake.

So she sent me this picture of her hair malting, however I feel as though the hair looks like she's cut it.. If it was coming from the bond it would be alot longer and not so straight cut... Thanks for your reply xx

Attachments

• IMG-20190830-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190830-WA0005.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 76
Sounds very much like she's trying her luck.

Send her a letter of non-payment giving her notice to pay the balance. Kindly inform her than should you not receive the payment within 7 days, you will proceed with court action, beginning with a letter before action.

So yesterday I had a client for hair extensions, from the get go she was very fussy.. which was fine but quite stressful as when she first had her consultation i couldn't match her up with any of my colours on the colour wheel as she was a copper, So i was advised by my manufacturer that i could buy a brighter shade and then dye them to the colour she is. obviously i was quite worried this may not work and turn out a different colour. However my client was adamant she wanted me to dye them. I stayed up late dying them and thankfully they were the exact colour of her hair. The following day she turned up to her appointment from the moment she walked through the door she was being picky asking me how matted they were going to be, after putting in 1 row saying they were too heavy even though her hair was very thick, asking me to put extensions on the hairline even though i told her they would be visible.. she asked me to order 20 inch and I ended up cutting into a bob as she didn't like the length and kept saying they were too heavy.

Anyway after a 4 hour job which usually takes 2 hours, I finally finished. And then she asked if she could pay me the next day as she didn't have any money on her.. well today i messaged her and asked if i could have the money she told me that the hair extensions were malting excessively and that she wanted a refund for the hair.. I messaged my hair manufacturer and they said they've never had this problem.. I then asked her if i could see them and if they were bad id remove free of charge, to that she said she wanted them removed but she wanted to keep the hair and she couldn't wait for her refund. I also asked if i could see the hair that has fallen out and she messaged me saying that she couldn't gather it all up as there was dog hair init. but then half an hour later sent me a photo, which everyone I've shown the photo to said looks as though shes cut the hair? can anyone advise?

I wouldn't let her leave without the payment. I would ask her to leave her phone or handbag and get the cash x

Hiya thank you everyone, I received payment finally but today. I messaged her and asked her if she still would like me to take them out free of charge and she messaged me back saying... No as her husband has removed them, as they were that bad they were so thinning and she feels she should have a 200 pound refund.. I then apologised and asked if I could have the hair back to send to the manufacturer for testing. She said No and that I should use the 2 strands she left behind to send off? I said I'd need the head of hair she took out which is 200 strands and she said OK but she couldn't give it to me.. Only 10 strands!!!?!

I wouldn't worry about her and don't let this get you down...unfortunately there are just ppl who want to try it on and have no care for how they make others feel ! It makes me so mad...if she was genuine she would come and see you the next day ....i would just simply say if you arnt able to provide me with the full head of hair, im afraid I cant do anything further as if the hair supplier tested the hair and discovered somthing was wrong they would provide the refund ( as they have tje capability to test the hair)

She’s a con artist. Walk away with the payment and don’t give her another thought. X

I had one like this before, now when I get someone who I think will complain I just won’t fit their hair! It’s not worth the anxiety of it

Latest posts

Back