Need help, bleach not working

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janina

Reaction score
Hello. So I had dyed my level 7-8 natural hair with brown demi, then black demi, then brown again(twas still black). It didnt wash out at all. And I cant get it out. Used color remover 3 times and it got to reddish 5-6 level brown. Then I decided to bleach, used 20vol developer over coconut oil for 40min, and it did nothing, didn't lift even half a tone except for lightening my grown out roots which look ridiculous now. It maybe even got a bit darker. so is it possible to use color remover after bleaching, or what should I do? Or should I buy more expensive bleach or use higher developer? Although my hair is curly, so I wouldnt want to damage it too much by bleaching many times.

And if I can still use it, how long should I wait? And also, can you leave the remover longer than the directions say?

Are you trying to remove the colour completely to get back to your natural colour?

Are you trying to remove the colour completely to get back to your natural colour?

I wanted to remove color then bleach and go platinum, but I would be good with the natural color now that im stuck with the brown...

Are you a qualified hairdresser?
What brand of bleach and developer are you using?
Do you normally add coconut oil to bleach?

Are you a qualified hairdresser?
What brand of bleach and developer are you using?
Do you normally add coconut oil to bleach?

I'm not a professional, and this was actually the first time I bleached it on myself, I heard coconut oil is good for minimizing damage. I used a generic bleach and developer.

Sorry, this site is for qualified professionals and it’s against site rules to give technical colour advice to an untrained person.
Rather than risk breaking your hair from trying more chemical processes, I’d advise you to visit a salon and get it sorted out properly.

Coconut oil just coats the hair and acts as a barrier, so it’s really only effective as a basic conditioning agent. Otherwise, it won’t actually do anything particularly useful in terms of protection from damage. I’d also suggest that using cheap generic products isn’t likely to lead to professional looking results and will leave you feeling disappointed. You wouldn’t expect a microwave ready meal to taste as good as something a professional chef would make using fresh ingredients, would you? Not much different really.

Latest posts

Back