Need help finding a placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davide906

Reaction score
i start college on the 3rd of march in weston super mare and i am finding it very hard to find a placement does anyone know of anywhere looking for an apprentice???

please help

also am really nervous about starting as i have very little experience any help??

davey

Hi Davey. I'm sure that once the hair geeks are home from work later today, you'll get a lot of response............even if it's just words of wisdom and advice. So hang in there mate. xxx

What i did was i made myself look amazing (lol) and walked and walked,went in every salon and asked to see the manager and tried to convince them they wanted me,i ended up in a fab salon and IMO it shows more get up and go than a quick phone call.

Even if they say no,ask to leave your details,they won't forget you as everyone else will have rung :!:

hth's x

Ps,welcome to salon geek :hug: why not click on the link in my signature and enter the comp ? What a great way for you to get in the geeky swing of things :D

Sorry i cant help you, i just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site :hug:

hi davey

You are quiet local to me im in burnham on sea you could go to salons and ask for work experince at least if you cant get aplacementthats how i got mine i did work experience worked really hard i think they really appreciated it and after 5 weeks they employed me full time or ask the tutors they always know whos looking for some one

hope that is of somehelp

x

hi davey

You are quiet local to me im in burnham on sea you could go to salons and ask for work experince at least if you cant get aplacementthats how i got mine i did work experience worked really hard i think they really appreciated it and after 5 weeks they employed me full time or ask the tutors they always know whos looking for some one

hope that is of somehelp

x

thank u i did apply for a placement in BOS in burnham on sea but heard nothing from them soo left it., i didnt know weather to keep on ringin or not

davey

do you drive then or would you have to use public transport to get to burnham may be i could ask around for you and ask my tutor for you if she knows any where going might even ask the boss of mine we need some one really but dont get your hopes up my boss is a bit of a tight git he he

let you know

xxx

do you drive then or would you have to use public transport to get to burnham may be i could ask around for you and ask my tutor for you if she knows any where going might even ask the boss of mine we need some one really but dont get your hopes up my boss is a bit of a tight git he he

let you know

xxx

hey yeh that would be great if u asked around,I'm not to fussy where in somerset i go as long as it's far away from yeovil lol am planning on moving to where ever i get a placement soo burnham wont be a problem at all

if u hear of anything at all email me at [email protected] and i'll give u my number to pass on

thank u very very much

Davey

not a problem ive emailed the boss and told him hope dont mind me asking but how old are you he is bound to ask x x

i'm 24 on sunday i know am abit old for an apprenticeship and most boss's think people my age want to be paid at least minium wage but i will be happy for the usual 80 quid a week unless they wanna pay me more lol

thank u for email ur boss for me hopefully i should hear sumthing soon

if he wants my fone number let me know and i'll fone him up n have a chat

ok he didnt mention it when i rang earlier but he is like that away with the fairies but he is down monday so ill put him on the spot and grill him lol ill let you kno what he says

xxxx

Hi Davey

Welcome to the site

Good luck with your course

i'm very glad to say i found a placement today in a trendy little salon in street i'm starting on tuesday yayyyy i found one thank u for emailing ur boss for me

How fabulous is that! Networking really does work.

Good luck with your new career David...and fair shout to dizzy :hug:

just to add to this, as i know you have got a placement already ( well done btw x)

when we get ppl in for placements who just popin, we take their number but it can get lost,

we find the ones that have done a little cv or a brief description about themselves etc with school qualificiatons on it etc, and bring it it to be left for the manager have more of a chance of being interviewed
hth anyone else wanting an apprenticeship?

Latest posts

Back