Need help from Tantrick Geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
Did a spray tan on a lady last night and she has just called to say she thinks its too light. I judged her to be an 8% and was convinced it would come up lovely, she has said that it is lovely BUT just a bit too light for her.

I've now told her to come back tonight and I will do her a 10% for a 'do' tomorrow night - now I'm not sure if that's the correct thing to do - should I be spraying a 10% on top of an 8% so soon?

Any advice would be most welcome as I am in a real dilemma here!

please help!

Alison
x

Go for the 10%, you should be absolutely fine. We have done this in the past and didn't experience any problems, do it sooner rather than later.HTH

Thanks Fiona - I was going to give you a call next if anyone on the site couldn't help.

I feel more confident now that I have your advice - really surprised that I called this one wrong though as she did seem really quite pale and I was convinced 8% was the right strength. the lady in questin in American so I'm wondering if her skin is different being more used to the sun?

Is there any chance she washed off too early, not allowing enough developing time?

Don't think so as sprayed her at 6pm last night and she showered at 7am this morning.

10% will be fine. This has happened to me before on a very pale client, she didnt want to be too dark so I did her 8%, she came back the following day and had 10% and was very happy with the end result.

Its best in my opinion to wait 24 hours then spray darker if need be. xx

Thanks for that Karen - the lady has just been in and looking at her tan from last night I am MEGA disappointed - its hardly visible, even when she lifted the line of her knickers there was very little difference and thats not usual.

I have just sprayed her again and fingers crossed it will be OK - she is going to contact me 2morrow so I will post again letting you all know how it went!

Sometimes clients have problems with tans taking if they are pre menstrual as their hormones can have an effect on the tan. I have seen this once or twice during the summer when I get repeat business and I have two clients who have said their tan didn't 'take as well' on occasion and looking back at their record card it seemed to be around their menstrual cycle that the tan wasn't as effective.

I would have sprayed 10% like you have been advised and it should be fine. Another way is to spray her 12% and ask her to shower off after only 5 hours.

Sometimes clients have problems with tans taking if they are pre menstrual as their hormones can have an effect on the tan. I have seen this once or twice during the summer when I get repeat business and I have two clients who have said their tan didn't 'take as well' on occasion and looking back at their record card it seemed to be around their menstrual cycle that the tan wasn't as effective.

I would have sprayed 10% like you have been advised and it should be fine. Another way is to spray her 12% and ask her to shower off after only 5 hours.

Tans don't turn out very good on me either when I'm pre-menstrual.
Also check what she exfoliated/showered with, I had one client text me to say her tan didn't turn out very well, turned out she had showered with an oily shower gel.

Just a thought - I know one salon near me who ask clients not to shower or moisturise with Dove products for upto a week before spray tan as they have had trouble with the tan taking with clients using those products.

(I think they use St Tropez tan though so may not be a problem with your make.)

Just got a call from the lady - the 10% tan turned out great!!! Apparently she she did txt me the day after I did the tan to say so - but I didn't get it.

Thanks for all your advice!

Ax

Hi all,
Been speaking to colin about becoming a tan trick trainer here in northern ireland.There is no one here doing it as yetand i just love tan trick and think it would do so well here. Thought maybe you guys could tell me a bit more about what you do. I'm opening my own home based salon in a few months and was hoping to be fit to do both.Any advice welcome.:):!:

Latest posts

Back