Need help guys for ashy hair to warm blonde hair color

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
so she's one of my regular clients, she always have the whole head highlight (9N blonde) and the base color (7N) done. but this time i think i left the highlight a little too long. when i washed it with purple shampoo, it turned out like a silverish color and then i toned it with 9N. it turns out like a ash blonde which she hates it a lot (she said it looks like grey ). so what can i do to make it back to warm blonde color , i am thinking if i can put kenra 9G with 10vol all over her hair in the sink? please help and share your experience ,thank you

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 37
I’m confused.
Did you use bleach or tint to highlight?
if you used tint, why did you use purple shampoo afterwards?

sorry its bleached and toned by a 9N

I'm not too familiar with kenra colours, but by looking at the swatch for 9G it's quite dark and pigmented for a level 9. It may be worth using 10G. All you want it to do is add a small amount of gold again to make it look blonde. You don't want it to look too gold do you?

yes.all I want is neutralizing the ashy tone and get it back to blonde .would it turn green if I put gold toner all over ?

yes.all I want is neutralizing the ashy tone and get it back to blonde .would it turn green if I put gold toner all over ?
Shouldn't do.

I agree with others. Use a gold. A 9G or 10G shouldn't really effect the base due to the level being 2-3 levels darker. Remember under a level 7 is copper underneith. Copper already has gold in it. I personally feel 9G would be a better option due to it being so light. I feel it would fit better to warm it up.

Latest posts

Back