Need help, hairdresser cut off my side & refusing refund!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajal3601

Reaction score
SEE PIC ATTACHED
The lady who done my hair, its her own business, so i can't go back to the salon or ask a manager.
I really need help.
I am a hairdresser myself, I just do not know here to start on this.
Ill give some background on what happened.

Firstly, I paid extra for her to come to my house for a consultation to match my hair colour, to see the thickness because I have lot of hair and to discuss hair extentions options - She turns up, unprofessional, "Right what extentions do you want? I don't have my dolls head with me to show to the different options", she then just laid the colour ring on the top of my hair picked a colour, never once went through my hair, ran her fingers through it and she was adamant that her standard full head would be enough. I kept checking with her and she told me it would be more than enough for my hair.
The day comes to her fitting my hair, she sections it "Didn’t realise how much hair you had” She then proceeds with putting my weave in. To her only putting the hair in the back of my head because she “didn’t have enough” to put any on the sides (what did i pay her extra for, I wanted a consultation to avoid this). Also, she did not even put them straight in hair, they were all over to my right side so even they weren’t put in properly.
So, she ended up leaving me with no hair on the sides.
She then CUT MY WHOLE SIDE OFF! (while blending!!) She then told me to go get my friend to put some extensions on the side or get her to cut me a fringe in, to make it look better. NO!

I have been growing my hair for over a year, I am now back at square one. I do not understand why she even cut my natural hair. That is not her job, she should never of cut my natural hair, she should have only blended my extensions with the longest natural part of my hair. (As a hairdresser myself, I know)

I am now at the stage of cutting my hair to my jaw or paying even more for someone else.

After she had left my house, (Because this is when i had noticed the side when i straightened it myself as she didn't bring any styling equipment with her) I messaged her straight away about redoing it her next available date being 24/02 meaning I would have had no hair in the sides with this awful hair cut from December. Since then she has been telling people she never cut my hair (to which i have texts to prove it and a witness) she would not fix it and put hair in as i was only prepared to pay for the hair and materials not her time as the job should of been done correctly to start with nor would she refund me anything.

She has refused to take responsibility and believes she done nothing wrong, she has now blocked me on everything, which has left me no choice but to put it on here to ask for help. I have gone through PayPal about getting a refund but she is still refusing to take responsibility.
Any help on what i can do further would be great, i have asked for insurance details but where do i go from here?
I work in a salon and not from home so have no idea how to approach this, i must be entitled to some kind of compensation

27751911_10213531743561743_7458879005297491634_n.jpg

Oh my god that is awful, the only mistake you made was letting miss crazy continue working on your hair. I don’t really know what to suggest, perhaps if you spent a good few hundered pounds you could possibly take her to a small claims court and claim injury to feelings? As you have been walking round with ridiculous looking hair you could claim that it has effected how you feel about yourself and how you go about day to day life... however as it is such a small amount I’m not sure if it would qualify for a claim and even if it did you would probably end up spending more on legal costs that gaining money back. I’m not a legal professional so please take anything I suggest with a pinch of salt.

Other than that, leave a bad review. Does she have any platforms where you could complain about her services? Is she advertised on google or anything? Could you create a new social media account that you aren’t blocked on so you can let people know how awful of a job she did?

Could you threaten to post her name on here if she doesnt sort things out? As unfair as that seems a threat like that may make her change her mind and offer a refund? You wouldn’t actually have to post her name just see if the threat of posting it on a site full of hair extensionists and their customers might actually tempt her to help you out!

Unfortunately as she works for herself I don’t really know what else to suggest... hair extensionists should definitely not be cutting your hair to such an excessive amount as you say their job is to blend not cut!

I know this probably doesn’t help but the clues were there at the consultation. She was unprofessional and you felt uneasy about her, this is when u run a mile! Anyway, more helpfully is you can take he4 to small claims court and it’s not that expensive. U pay up front but reclaim the costs from her. I’ve used an online site called moneyclaimsonline. I’m sure they must still be up and running but it’s worth a look. You don’t need her insurance details that’s for her to sort out after. Good luck!

If you don't have an issue with the actual extensions you will struggle to get any money back as that is all you have paid for.

It's a shame but I personally don't think it's worth it to chase the money, better to spend the money you would on legal fees on getting your hair fixed x

If you don't have an issue with the actual extensions you will struggle to get any money back as that is all you have paid for.

It's a shame but I personally don't think it's worth it to chase the money, better to spend the money you would on legal fees on getting your hair fixed x

The extensions weren't even put straight in my head anyway, she left me with extensions in the back nothing on the sides then took my side shorter to blend it! Doesn't make sense to me.
I prob should drop it but when she is telling other people she never cut my hair and it was already like that, it annoys me admit your mistakes, as a hairdresser myself i understand they happen, just admit it and fix it. So so frustrating, I then posted on Facebook about her, she then unblocked me to tell me she's going to get me done for slander. She's highly unprofessional, its not slander if its the truth love!

Oh my god that is awful, the only mistake you made was letting miss crazy continue working on your hair. I don’t really know what to suggest, perhaps if you spent a good few hundered pounds you could possibly take her to a small claims court and claim injury to feelings? As you have been walking round with ridiculous looking hair you could claim that it has effected how you feel about yourself and how you go about day to day life... however as it is such a small amount I’m not sure if it would qualify for a claim and even if it did you would probably end up spending more on legal costs that gaining money back. I’m not a legal professional so please take anything I suggest with a pinch of salt.

Other than that, leave a bad review. Does she have any platforms where you could complain about her services? Is she advertised on google or anything? Could you create a new social media account that you aren’t blocked on so you can let people know how awful of a job she did?

Could you threaten to post her name on here if she doesnt sort things out? As unfair as that seems a threat like that may make her change her mind and offer a refund? You wouldn’t actually have to post her name just see if the threat of posting it on a site full of hair extensionists and their customers might actually tempt her to help you out!

Unfortunately as she works for herself I don’t really know what else to suggest... hair extensionists should definitely not be cutting your hair to such an excessive amount as you say their job is to blend not cut!

Posted on Facebook about her and she is said shes going to get me done for slander! Its laughable how unprofessional she is.
Thanks for you advice.

Posted on Facebook about her and she is said shes going to get me done for slander! Its laughable how unprofessional she is.
Thanks for you advice.
Don’t worry, she cannot get you done for slander! You are simply stating a bad service you had. Especially if you have proof that she provided a bad service, there is nothing she can do. It is more likely that you would be able to get her done for all the problems she has caused you!

As the hair professional being discussed could well be a member of this website, and the OP has taken direct action via Facebook, I’ll close this thread here and hope that matters can be settled amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back