Need help/hints for my mum's wedding make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel's25

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I did make up within my NVQ2/3 in 1998/2001, and have done several wedding/prom/etc make ups over the years.
But I'm having trouble with my nuns wedding make up, she's 56 and has very dark crepey skin under the eyes and on her upper eye Lids.
I've done a few trials and tried different methods but it still doesn't look as nice as I'd like, I was wondering if any of you lovely make up ladies have an hints that would help or any better eyeshodows/ concealers/ brushes.

Thanks in advance
Xxxx

Is there no hope for my mum then lol xx

Anyone?! She gets married in turkey next Thursday x

Hi sweetie I'm not a make up artist but am a dark circle sufferer and have tried loads of concealers in my time.

Get yourself and your mum down to your nearest Bobbi Brown counter and have a look at their concealers. She may need a corrector as well as a concealer and these come with fixing powders to make sure they stay in place. The consistency of the correctors/concealers are very creamy so hopefully won't "cake" on your mums crepey skin.

The staff on BB counters are usually well trained and knowledgeable and may be able to do a bit of a make over on her at the counter to show her how these work.

HTH
and all the best to your mum!

PB
x

Hiya love,
Do you happen to have a photo of your mum? Also what colour/ style is her dress? The above poster is right, you may need a correcter as well as a concealer. However, without seeing a photo, its hard to tell what you will need. HTH

Also, what is your mums skin tone? Warm or cool?

Defo get to a BB counter pronto! They are really good, I use the BB extra eye moisturiser too, it's pretty good. Apparently Laura Mercier invisible setting powder is foot for mature skin as its ultra fine. We need a bit more info as to your mums skin tone and outfit to help you more. :)

try touche eclat by YSL hun x

Thanks ladies, I'll have to see what photos I have. As me and my mum live 150 miles apart and she goes to turkey today and I follow her next Tuesday. I tried her normal max factor foundation but found it made her look grey! She tans up really quickly but hasn't been on holiday for 2 yrs so is pale, her skin to me looks pale/dull/lacks lustre (she's a smoker and had Ill health). I will get looking for a picture xx

Its possible your mums foundations makes her look grey because its the wrong skin tone for her. Try using a warmer foundation and concealer to brighter her complexion.

Latest posts

Back