Need help in looking for premises please x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Hiya peeps xxx

I am asking this on behalf of my friend.....

She is hoping to get a salon space up and running asap...

I have a few questions You may not be able to help with, but I have learned from this site...Its always worth asking lol !:lol:

Ok no1) does anyone know how we can search online of premises available ?
I have been trying for a while, but keep coming up with office spaces or houses :grr:

no2) How do I go about finding information on converting a house into a salon space ? In the area my friend lives in they have a converted house now a nursery...and a community center, and also a doctors...

Have any of you ever done this ?
We could say "oooo people wont be happy with the noise the this and the that"
But I grew up living next door to the nursery, My mum still lives there now and has for 17 years....so it cant be that bad lol....

I know these questions seem a bit random...My friend has done some research looking at premises etc....but we are wondering if some may be hiding in places she hasnt already looked lol...

Erm......thats all for now I am sure I will be back...
We have so much buzzing round our heads at the moment.....and no premises as of yet lmao...

Also actually, We are wondering if from experience you guy's think we would be better going for somewhere in a busy area, with a few salons both hair and nails in place....?
or a more quiet area that only really has a shop a pub and a chippy at the moment, but is central to our town...and is right on a bus route...

We are wondering whether its best to avoid the busy area....and try to attract locals for now, who will hopefully become loyal (as they WILL be happy with our service :lol:) and then word will spread eventually...
OR....join the busy place and merge in with all the others !!!!

God so much to plan, so little time :green:

You can register with earnest wilson estate agents, tell them what it is you are looking for and the price range you can spend and they will send details to you of any businesses they think fill your need,
you may have other estate agents that deal with commercial property in your area too,
as for your 2nd question i would guess that would be the planning dept at your local council,
you will both know when you have found the right one, you just get a feeling hth :hug:

I agree with what Louise has already advised.

You could also search for a current business which might be up for sale at www.rightbiz.co.uk.

Good luck!

You could try Businesses for sale | Business for sale - Buy or Sell a UK Business for business premises.

Try the council about planning applications

For location you are better off somewhere busier. More passing trade = more bums on seats. More people will see you in passing, which means less (in theory) money spent on advertising.

I opened my salon in November last year after much deliberation!!!

My clients love the location because they can park, for as long as they need to, right outside. We are in town but not in the main street and I really worried at first that no-one would know I was there! but...I needn't have worried because word of mouth has been fantastic. In fact I have never even had to advertise.

With regards to noise it really depends what kind of salon you want. Mine is a chatty, social kinda place, we just have the radio on in the background and I actually had to move my nail stations side by side because my clients have become so friendly, with always being in the salon at the same time fortnightly, that they were turning round during treatments to talk to each other! So we don't really do any relaxing luxury treatments, in fact I'm removing them from my service menu.

I would advise you to look at every thing on offer though, you will be surprised what can be converted into something lovely. My salon was a second hand shop before, and its only really down to my Jay's vision. It was a big no no for me when I first saw it! The landlord is a friend of Jay's and he wasn't even going to lease it because he didn't think anyone would want it! and...it's lovely (pics in my profile!)

If you are talking about converting from domestic to commercial, contact your local council, they will deal with that.

Why don't you put a wee advert in your local paper just saying premises required for nail bar/whatever, anything considered and see what comes back. Loads of property developers don't even advertise, and many properties don't even get advertised because estate agents have lists of people waiting for them. Worth a try :)

Good luck xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back