Need help - ouch!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
I'm such an idiot and should no better than to try filing my nails when I'm tired..... I was filing off some old gel... am going to put on white tips with gel..... and I've gone and filed through to my nail bed.

My nails are very very short and I've ruined them learning L&P and they've gone thin. the nail I've filed through on has already got a corner missing from damage and now I've gone and filed through a tad lower.... quite a shock as I've not done it before!

I really don't know what to do. I'm going away and desparately needed some nails on.... what do I do... will I make things worse by putting nails on? Is it safe? Can I use gel over an exposed bed? How do I prevent infection?

Please help.... I'm really stuck!

You can look at it in 2 ways. The nail is so badly damaged that putting gel on will help to protect it as it grows out -providing you don't damage further, however either use a French tip or sculpt so you don't have to blend a tip and run the risk of further damage. Watch out as your nail will be sensitive under the uv light when those photo inititiaters kick in! Or you can be good and let the damage grow out before reapplying. Hope that helps.

Mani-fique! said:
I'm such an idiot and should no better than to try filing my nails when I'm tired..... I was filing off some old gel... am going to put on white tips with gel..... and I've gone and filed through to my nail bed.

My nails are very very short and I've ruined them learning L&P and they've gone thin. the nail I've filed through on has already got a corner missing from damage and now I've gone and filed through a tad lower.... quite a shock as I've not done it before!

I really don't know what to do. I'm going away and desparately needed some nails on.... what do I do... will I make things worse by putting nails on? Is it safe? Can I use gel over an exposed bed? How do I prevent infection?

Please help.... I'm really stuck!

I dont use Gel, but my thoughts are without seeing your nail - would or wouldnt you put a tip on a client if this was her nail? Then you have your answer...hope this helps you decide whats best

Hi there Mani-fique!

I must confess I did the same thing once and boy does it ever hurt!! I bet you won't do it again though! I certainly haven't! What I did was put some french tips on then overlayed with gel and let them be for a couple of months just doing fills so make sure your first application is a good one as you don't want to be buffing any lifted product off!

J xx

Thanks for your replies. I managed to sort it out this morning. Have put on french tips and kept them very short. It wasn't quite as bad as I first thought... but boy it did give me a fright.

Latest posts

Back