Need help with a colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHiggleton

Reaction score
Hi ya,
one of my clients normally has bleach highlights foils, with a dark brown in between to cover her grey and match her natural colour (well what she has left of it) but because her hair is almost white now it looks too harsh when it comes through against the dark, so she wants to go lighter, has asked to go an all over blonde but with some brown to break it up as she doesnt want to be just the one colour, I was thinking to make it look a bit more natural, of doing a highlift with a darker blonde and then a brown to match her natural colour, but just not sure how I go about doing this, so wanted some advice on how u would do it, as in your technique, I know to get it lighter do to more of the blonde, but her base would still be dark and she wants the base to be lighter if you get what i mean, ive been going over it and come up with a few different ways but just not sure whats the best way would really appreciate any suggestions x

anyone?? 55 people have looked at this post but no one has any suggestions? i considered stripping the dark and then starting from scratch but im hoping there's an easier way as me and blondie rae are not always the best of friends ;)

I would look at doing just blonde highlights, no colour inbetween. Let the Dark gradually come out. If you dont want the blode too blonde, you can tone it to a level thats nearer her natural colour so her roots are less prominent? Or Match the colours she has going on in her natural hair and do similar to those in foils....? Hard to say as Im not too sure what you are trying to acheive...
Hope that helped anyway!
xx

I would look at doing just blonde highlights, no colour inbetween. Let the Dark gradually come out. If you dont want the blode too blonde, you can tone it to a level thats nearer her natural colour so her roots are less prominent? Or Match the colours she has going on in her natural hair and do similar to those in foils....? Hard to say as Im not too sure what you are trying to acheive...
Hope that helped anyway!
xx

Thanks hun,
i probably didnt do too well explaining it lol. There needs to be a colour between the foils coz she's grey all over at the top, its the grey she wants to blend in so she wants a lighter base, but with some of her natural colour which is a 4 coming through to break it up, as she's not brave enough to be a full head blonde, hope that explains it a bit better, i know its hard to see without pictures x

Would you not consider just going one shade lighter in between foils to start? I know there would be a slight difference between this and old colour but if she has plenty of blonde highlights it shouldn't be too noticeable.
Think this is what I would do although hard to know for sure without seeing it. Only you would know if this suggestion would work on your client

Hi ya,
one of my clients normally has bleach highlights foils, with a dark brown in between to cover her grey and match her natural colour (well what she has left of it) but because her hair is almost white now it looks too harsh when it comes through against the dark, so she wants to go lighter, has asked to go an all over blonde but with some brown to break it up as she doesnt want to be just the one colour, I was thinking to make it look a bit more natural, of doing a highlift with a darker blonde and then a brown to match her natural colour, but just not sure how I go about doing this, so wanted some advice on how u would do it, as in your technique, I know to get it lighter do to more of the blonde, but her base would still be dark and she wants the base to be lighter if you get what i mean, ive been going over it and come up with a few different ways but just not sure whats the best way would really appreciate any suggestions x

Hi I would maybe use 2 different blondes in highlights aswell as 1 shade lighter from what you previously used in between, if that makes sense! That way she will gradually get lighter an it wont be a massive change as if she was going straight from dark to blonde, it's difficult to say without having seen a picture hope this helps :)

thanks, yes that sounds like a good idea going a shade lighter, im sure it would blend with the other brown, i was hoping to get away from bleach and just use the highlifts, but this isn't going to happen if ive still got the old brown in there :sad: looks like im going to have to use bleach anyway

How do you do your foils? Do you do them back to back or leave a space?

If you normally leave a space in between can't you do back to back foils and co all over colour in between. (so the darker colour is only on the bit weave out, if that makes sense)

How do you do your foils? Do you do them back to back or leave a space?

If you normally leave a space in between can't you do back to back foils and co all over colour in between. (so the darker colour is only on the bit weave out, if that makes sense)

Hi Donna,
I was thinking that myself today too, sounds like a good plan thanks hun :) ill post a pic when its done x

Latest posts

Back