SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottesteward03

Reaction score
So I’ve been doing this particular client for 4 and a half years. She’s always had a full head of roots touch-up using 6.0 & 6.1 mixed with 6% which has always covered the warmth from her ginger. Then she has a full head of bleach highlights after. Her hair was getting into great condition until I went on maternity leave and someone ruined it with bleach!

Since I’ve been back she’s just not been happy with her hair whatever we do and I’ve told her going 3-4 weeks inbetween colour & bleach services is ruining her hair but she can’t stand the ginger coming through. So she’s decided she wants balayage but wants lighter roots now.

We’ve already tried with lighter colour at the roots but it doesn’t cover her ginger and the more we touch up her roots with a base 6 it obviously over laps her previous colour slightly and goes really dark. It also grabs all around her hair line very dark. I’m at my wits end with her now as she’s not willing to adapt to change or embrace her natural warmth.

Her ideal end result (would be a miracle).... balayage root drag with light brown roots to warm honey blonde ends...

Any suggestions? Thank you!!!

So I’ve been doing this particular client for 4 and a half years. She’s always had a full head of roots touch-up using 6.0 & 6.1 mixed with 6% which has always covered the warmth from her ginger. Then she has a full head of bleach highlights after. Her hair was getting into great condition until I went on maternity leave and someone ruined it with bleach!

Since I’ve been back she’s just not been happy with her hair whatever we do and I’ve told her going 3-4 weeks inbetween colour & bleach services is ruining her hair but she can’t stand the ginger coming through. So she’s decided she wants balayage but wants lighter roots now.

We’ve already tried with lighter colour at the roots but it doesn’t cover her ginger and the more we touch up her roots with a base 6 it obviously over laps her previous colour slightly and goes really dark. It also grabs all around her hair line very dark. I’m at my wits end with her now as she’s not willing to adapt to change or embrace her natural warmth.

Her ideal end result (would be a miracle).... balayage root drag with light brown roots to warm honey blonde ends...

Any suggestions? Thank you!!!
What base is she naturally? I think I'd be inclined to highlight through the root area, and then apply a lighter based semi and drag that down, the mixture of the darker and lighter at root will create the illusion that she's lighter, but obviously still cool. That's my only suggestion sorry :/

Latest posts

Back