Need help with clients appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
right I'm having a nightmare with clients bookings and need some advice. we are a small salon just me and one girl who both only work part time . we have many regular clients probably to many and they all want to constantly book appointments months in advance . we have been allowing clients to book 3 months in advance and we still seem to find clients want the same day and time . anyway my therapists clients keep changing appointments around and changing one knocks them all off track so they they have to try to 're arrange them all. my therapist is getting confused with all the cancelling etc and I'm finding she constantly seems to have clients double booked and isn't realising till they are not turning up for one and then she realises she has them in the next day aswell or the next week. I have spoke to her many times about being careful etc but it's still constantly happening and I don't know what to do to prevent this. I have suggested she just let's her clients book there next appointment when they are in but I'm frightened they will get annoyed by this and go else were. it's really stressing me out i just think there constantly swapping and changing and because if they cancel one we are normally fully booked we can't just get them in the next day or so so they tend to have to go the next week or week after which then would mean the one after is to soon so they are having to change them all.

What sort of booking system are you using?

Why don't you try appointment software, might help prevent double booking and organising your appointments. I have one called Shedul which is free to use.

Why don't you try appointment software, might help prevent double booking and organising your appointments. I have one called Shedul which is free to use.
thankyou . and can you get that on a tablet x

Sounds like you need a cloud based App that you can both log into unless you’re using one device that stays permanently in the salon.

thankyou . and can you get that on a tablet x
I agree with AcidPerm it sounds like you need a cloud based solution here. Im actually the online Manager for Booksy UK & Ireland so feel free to drop me a message if you want more info on a solution that could solve this issue for you.

Sounds like you need a cloud based App that you can both log into unless you’re using one device that stays permanently in the salon.
we just use an appointment book . we don't have a receptionist so quick and easy of were busy with a client

we just use an appointment book . we don't have a receptionist so quick and easy of were busy with a client
Most clients are booking via social media these days plus there are some good systems out there that can provide a booking link so voicemails can direct inquiries if no one can get to the phone etc. If you have a mobile for the business you can even get automated texts to go out to missed calls and texts too. Its a life saver. With cloud based solutions like mentioned above you can all have access on your own devices too so super practical. :)

It doesn’t take any longer to book them via an electronic scheduler and you could use your phone or a tablet device, so you still don’t need to employ a receptionist.

With most systems, the bonus is that if they change their routine (2 weekly) appt. slot, you can update the appt. instantly and all their future booked appts. without having to remember to physically rub out and cancel and re-arrange their existing booked (future) slots in a paper based system.
In addition, it will also warn you if a replacement future slot isn’t available.

From your OP, it was the cross referencing, updating forward booked appts. and rubbing out cancelled bookings that seemed to be the root cause of your double booking issues.

Latest posts

Back