Need help with my price list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyK

Reaction score
I am just about to finish my NVQ level 2 in beauty therapy and I am in the process of getting a home salon set up to tide me over the summer and throughout my level 3 which I will be starting in September. I've asked my tutors for advice on pricing but all they've really says to me is to keep the prices relatively low and not to use whole prices rather for example £5.50 not £5. Iam hoping to get price lists made up very soon as I finish next week but would like some opinions on my pricing before I go ahead so here goes.

Eyebrow Wax - £7
Lip Wax - £5.50
Chin Wax - £5.50
½ leg wax - £12.50
Full leg Wax - £18
Bikini Wax - £7.50
Underarm Wax- £9
Forearm Wax - £10
Eyelash Tint - £8
Eyebrow Tint - £7
Eyelash & Eyebrow Tint - £12.50
Strip Lash - £8
Individual Flare Lash - £10
Eyebrow Reshape - £8
Basic Manicure - £15
Luxury Manicure (Paraffin Wax or hand mask) - £20
Basic Pedicure - £15
Luxury Pedicure (Paraffin Wax or foot mask) - £20
File & Polish - £7.50
Facial - £30
Spray Tan (full body)- £15
Spray Tan (legs) - £7.50

Please be honest with me and give me as much advice as possible it's very much appreciated.

Think your prices are very good reasonable but not making yourself really cheep x why don't you instead of calling it a basic mani/pedi call it a standard mani/pedi. Makes it sound like there getting abit more x

thanks for the speedy reply! oh never thought of that good idea!

Instead of basic & luxury, I call mine

Essential Mani/Pedi
And
Heavenly Mani/Pedi

But all of your pricing seems very good :) x

I've called mine express or essential before or indulgence xx prices look good xx

What area are you in?
Your prices also need to reflect on your experience too, I personally think your waxing prices are far to much for a newly qualified Level 2 with no experience.
All your waxing prices are more than mine & I have been qualified 13/14 years.
Home salon prices tend to be a little less than salons too.
The best advice I can give a newly qualified is, before you start working for yourself work in salons/spas etc being employed to get experience in how things should (or shouldn't) be run, done, carried out, handled etc.
Don't mean this to sound harsh, just being honest & giving you my opinion
Like you asked x

My waxing prices are even higher so I don't think they're bad at all.

I don't know why on earth they told you to price at £5.50 etc. it looks REALLY messy in my opinion and as though someone is pushing for a few more pennies. Nothing on my price list is .50. Everything is a round number.

I'd give you my price list but since you live so far from me it isn't really worth it. Hth x

Bikini £7.50
Underarm £9.00
Could I suggest maybe they same price of you swap them round you'd probably use more was on bikini so £7.50 sounds very cheap. Other wise good. Good luck and happy waxing 😄

I completely agree with this! There is no better work experience than working in salons. Iv been in salons for 10 years, just going on my own!

Well done to you for having the balls to go on your own so soon though. Maybe lower your prices slightly as your so newly qualified And agree with the above that .50. does look messy & harder to read. Clients like easy to read & understand.
X

I think your underarm should be £5 using strip wax & bikini should be £10. Just my opinion xx

I found the .50 odd too and don't like it but just went for it as it came from a lecturer with experience in running her own salon but I think I will change it back.

Iam in Edinburgh and have compared prices against salons including the salon I have worked in for the past year (as a receptionist) and they all seem to be lower than what most are offering in my area and slightly less that what other mobile/ home salons are charging as I have took into consideration that I am newly qualified.

all the replies are much appreciated :green:

Hi

I wouldn't lower your prices so much as maybe do them as introductory offers as when youve got abit more experience and you want to put your prices up your find it really difficult! Wording it from the off set that these are introductory prices people will know they will be going up!

xx

I THINK the pedicure should not be same price as manicure. theres defo more work in a pedi, think of the scrubbing

Hi

I wouldn't lower your prices so much as maybe do them as introductory offers as when youve got abit more experience and you want to put your prices up your find it really difficult! Wording it from the off set that these are introductory prices people will know they will be going up!

xx

Thats a fab idea! thats exactly what Iam going to do!

also very true about the pedicure! what sort of price would you suggest?

also very true about the pedicure! what sort of price would you suggest?

There is a £5 difference in my manicure and pedicure price. There's more work involved in a pedicure xx

maybe £18 for pedi. i have a basic mani/pedi and then a deluxe mani/pedi

Latest posts

Back