Need help with nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venexia

Reaction score
:confused:Hi geeks, i am soooo confused!!!:suprised:
I work full time at present and am desperate to learn to be a nail tech - my thoughts were to study at home with essential nails - then i read all sorts of different comments, my trouble is i cant take enough time off of work to do the cnd course and dont think i can afford the 1995.00 to sit their course :sad:
was thinking i could home learn - pass (hopefully) and then do a conversion day course that cnd suggested i do to be proficient in cnd too
i would like to hear from anyone who has done essential nails course from beginner stage with their honest thoughts and opinions and any advice from your professionals to help a very confused person
thanks

Hi there, i guess I'm in a similar situation but I know it is going to take a fair bit of time and patience to save up the time off and cash needed to get the training i want.

there are loads of threads about the essential nails course and have you seen there is an essential nails geeks group for people who are on the course?

Salon Geek - Essential nail geeks

My personal decision is that it will take me away from my goal as I do want to do the CND course and so paying out for the essential nails course will deplete funds from my goal savings!! It is tempting though to start off and get some training but I'm just satisfying myself with doing as much self-learning of the theory - which this site is great for!

I've read on here that CND don't recognise a certain home learn course... Not sure if it's EN, Carlton or someone else... Worth checking that they do recognise the course you want to take x

Sometimes when you add it all up, doing the home courses can be false economy, but I do appreciate it suits some people.

The CND complete is 14 days over 3 months so you can get in lots of practice and study time, so it's not as though you have to have weeks of work. I have had to work around my CND days and find extra childcare, but it's worth it.

You also have a tutor that is supportive before you even start and is there to pick you up on bad days (and you do get them) and be excited with you on the good days (of which there are loads). My tutor is also there to pick up on things you may need extra help with. For me personally, I need that. If I have questions I can email her day or night.

As for the cost, it's the best money I have ever spent. The quality of education, support and kit is amazing.:Love:

Give S2 a call and find out more :D. xx

Hiya! Im doing an Essential nails course in acrylic and maintenance. I realyl would recommend it! It teaches you what you need to know and because it's on DVD you can go back as many times as you like until you're happy! I've already done a full set on my mum and doing a set tomorrow for a friend and I've only been doing it about a month and half! Defo recommend it for someone who doesn't have the time or money for the (apparently) 'higher quality' courses!

I'm more than happy :)

Defo recommend it for someone who doesn't have the time or money for the (apparently) 'higher quality' courses!

I'm glad that you are happy with your course but I think it's a shame that you then had to say the above.

I answered the op and didn't say it was a higher end or EN a lower end. I told her of my personal experience. People do different courses to suit their individual circumstances. Obviously you feel there's a gap in standards of education or you would not have made that comment and I have seen on here that quite a few EN students then go on and complete CND conversion courses...you can't deny that it is a good course. I would not have made a comment like that, especially as a newbie. I love my course too, it's a great course. I am really proud that I am doing ok, my theory scores are good and the practical is great and yes, I love CND and all it has to offer.

We are all on here to help each other. To give advice and get advice. Surely that can be done in a constructive and positive way, especially to people asking advice about courses xx

I work full time at present and am desperate to learn to be a nail tech - my thoughts were to study at home with essential nails - then i read all sorts of different comments, my trouble is i cant take enough time off of work to do the cnd course and dont think i can afford the 1995.00 to sit their course :sad:
was thinking i could home learn - pass (hopefully) and then do a conversion day course that cnd suggested i do to be proficient in cnd too
i would like to hear from anyone who has done essential nails course from beginner stage with their honest thoughts and opinions and any advice from your professionals to help a very confused person
thanks

It can be difficult juggling a home life, course and study but I would 100% recommend that if you are serious about becoming a nail professional (not just a wee hobby to earn extra cash) to do the complete CND course. All CND training is in a completely different league from all others I have read/heard about. I know its a HUGE amount of money to spend.... I pondered over it for years and had to then save for a very very long time to scrape the funds together but the kit alone costs over half the course fee's. I could go on all night...lol... If you want to know any info... no matter how silly you might think it is just give me a shout (or a pm in this case)

xxx

thanks

Hi i am doing the en course mani/pedi and i am enjoying it.
I also struggle with time to go to college at the moment due to work and family commitments and also cannot afford to pay out for courses.
But i do feel that the en course is a good starting point as i knew nothing about nails. It's perfect for me because i only want to do mani/pedi with spa treatments and the course teaches you how to do this. Also if later on you what to develop your skills you can go on to do so.
I am going to go on a cnd course for shellac which is only 50 pounds plus vat.
I hope this helps.

I actually commented yersterday about the nails and beauty academy, if you want to go on an affordable practical nail course, rather than a DVD, then you could check them out:- Nail Courses | Nails and Beauty Academy

It can be difficult juggling a home life, course and study but I would 100% recommend that if you are serious about becoming a nail professional (not just a wee hobby to earn extra cash) to do the complete CND course. All CND training is in a completely different league from all others I have read/heard about. I know its a HUGE amount of money to spend.... I pondered over it for years and had to then save for a very very long time to scrape the funds together but the kit alone costs over half the course fee's. I could go on all night...lol... If you want to know any info... no matter how silly you might think it is just give me a shout (or a pm in this case)

xxx

I've heard CND really push you. I'm considering doing their acrylic beginner course. By the way...I loooove your name! Kinky Boots is such a fabulous film!

Latest posts

Back