Need help with P/w over tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slueless

Reaction score
Hi, I need help with my pink and white overlays. I am using a white welless tip which I cover with xxx white (YN tm.) and put the pink in the back, comes out well on most of my clients, however, everynow and then I have a client who has 1 or two extra short nails ( bitten or just short). My tips come down quit far on those nails, especially if it is a sm. pinky. then it looks like there is way to much white tip on those nails. I had one this week, and was so unhappy with it, I hope someone can tell me what to do. I am stressing out about this, to the point I hate the word pink and whites please. :cry:

slueless said:
Hi, I need help with my pink and white overlays. I am using a white welless tip which I cover with xxx white (YN tm.) and put the pink in the back, comes out well on most of my clients, however, everynow and then I have a client who has 1 or two extra short nails ( bitten or just short). My tips come down quit far on those nails, especially if it is a sm. pinky. then it looks like there is way to much white tip on those nails. I had one this week, and was so unhappy with it, I hope someone can tell me what to do. I am stressing out about this, to the point I hate the word pink and whites please. :cry:

I really think that unless your client as a good size free edge, that you should pre-tailor the tips to fit the nail.
On very short nails i use a clear tip and then build a white free edge to the length i need.

slueless said:

Just wondering if you were trained with CND?? I've done all my traiing with Creative and use P&W L&P. I understood it as, white tips weren't suitable for everyone, personally, I don't use white tips, I have a selection of:

Formation
Velocity
Elipse

All the natural coloured tips. The reason being, not everyone has the free-edge on their natural nails to be able to have white tips applied, making the pink part of the nail look out of proportion (just like you were describing).

I create the whites to the shape and depth that I feel is desired, e.g. a few of my customers like a deep smile line, some like the white putting back a little onto their pink area to give them a little extra gowing time between fills.

If you haven't trained with Crative, I'd highly recommend doing their conversion course and going on a few Master classes, they have proved to be invaluable to me. Failing that, I had a 1-to-1 session with my local Creative Ambassodor...again...excellent experience.

Hope this helps a little :D

Jenny-Nails x

lesley1965 said:
I really think that unless your client as a good size free edge, that you should pre-tailor the tips to fit the nail.
On very short nails i use a clear tip and then build a white free edge to the length i need.
When you use a clear tip how do you camoflague the short nailbed underneath?

hiya
creative do a powder called flawless pink esp for such times
hth

slueless said:

If you`re putting white L&P over the tip anyway, why use a white tip?
If its because it helps you to get a nice smile line then I understand, I still have a grimace instead of a smile myself.......
The only way to put the smile in the right place on a nail that short is to pre-tailor I`m afraid. All white tips should be pre-tailored anyway to avoid the shadow that you get (but thats only if you don`t cover it with a white powder)
If you need help on pre-tailoring tips, use the search button on the site and you`ll find it.
Of course if you don`t, don`t be worried about coming back and asking again. Someone else could find it for you and post it so you can see how to pre-tailor, you`ll soon be happier with your finished nail

Debs said:
If you`re putting white L&P over the tip anyway, why use a white tip?
If its because it helps you to get a nice smile line then I understand, I still have a grimace instead of a smile myself.......
The only way to put the smile in the right place on a nail that short is to pre-tailor I`m afraid. All white tips should be pre-tailored anyway to avoid the shadow that you get (but thats only if you don`t cover it with a white powder)
If you need help on pre-tailoring tips, use the search button on the site and you`ll find it.
Of course if you don`t, don`t be worried about coming back and asking again. Someone else could find it for you and post it so you can see how to pre-tailor, you`ll soon be happier with your finished nail

Everything you guys have said make good sence. I am in US We do not seam to get the training that people on this site have had. When I went to school, they were concerned with passing the State Boards, and Sanitation. If you learned anything about making a nail then you were lucky. I have only been out of school about 8 months and working for 1 month. I go to every trade show, read everything I can get my hands on and talk to every nail tech that will talk with me. I do well with color acrylics, but everything else is a work in progress. Once in a while they will have a 1/2 day training in a certain product, and that is usually a 3hr drive to get to. I have been to an Ez Flow drill class and an Ez Flow nail art class. The help I have gotten here has been far more informitive. ( Thank you) I hope you wont all mind if I have 1000 more questions? yes the first is where is the pre-tailored tip tech. and I am not quite sure what you mean by L&P?? I am sure it is quite easy, but at the moment I am stumped.
Thanks again everyone.
Suzanne

Hiya Suzanne,
Right pre -tailoring a tip is just filing it to fit the nail correctly, Hit the search facility that should give you loads about this.
Also L&p is just short for liquid and powder.
HTHS

haha! I knew it was something simple, thanks Lesley. I am using Well-less tips, how would I change those? I suppose if I cut up into the nail it would sit down futher on the nail, guess I need to see it. but I am getting the drift here. I am at home today, but will try it when I go back. Thanks.
Suzanne

Little Angel said:
hiya
creative do a powder called flawless pink esp for such times
hth
"
Hi Tracy you mentioned using CND Flawless Pink I don"t do L&P but heard somewhere that you can use rein and dip in the powder is this correct?

maddie said:
"
Hi Tracy you mentioned using CND Flawless Pink I don"t do L&P but heard somewhere that you can use rein and dip in the powder is this correct?

not tried it myself best ask ruth "nails in london" i think i remember her mentioning something in another post.
hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back