Need help with stretchmarks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
I need to cover some streatchmarks on the top of my arm for a wedding and was after some recomendations from anyone who has used makeup to cover them.
They make me feel very self concious even though they are small.
Any help would be appreciated :hug:

HI Mandy, you are not alone. I know exactly how you feel.

Best way to hide them is use a fake tan, buy a body makeup and gently apply a tiny bit of the concealer at a time.

Dermablend/Covermark/Mac.

But I havent come across a product that hides them totally.

What kind of outfit are you wearing?

HI Mandy, you are not alone. I know exactly how you feel.

Best way to hide them is use a fake tan, buy a body makeup and gently apply a tiny bit of the concealer at a time.

Dermablend/Covermark/Mac.

But I havent come across a product that hides them totally.

What kind of outfit are you wearing?
A bridesmaid dress that cuts straight across my chest so i can't even work around it! Nightmare!
Feeling rather stressed about the whole thing.

HI, what about if you expressed your fears to the bride, and see if she would let you wear a shrug or even a wrap that you can tie back. you could get one in a chiffon material.

HI, what about if you expressed your fears to the bride, and see if she would let you wear a shrug or even a wrap that you can tie back. you could get one in a chiffon material.
Well to be truthfull i thought that she would of said that but to be honest we are not even close friends!
I just don't know how i manage to get myself into these situations.
I couldn't talk to her about it.
I was thinking about maybe something like a mineral foundation that i could put on to dull them a little?
I have very fair skin so maybe even a light tanning lotion?
I just don't know what will be best.

Hi again, I really understand, as I am in the same boat.

When is this wedding? If you cant cover your arms up, I would try a few different products and see what you get the best cover with. And if you are going to tan yourself, do that before you start trying the products, so you get the best colour match,

either that or wear a wrap/shrug on the day and tell her your fake tan has gone bad and it will look awful in the photos.

Where abouts do the marks start and end?

Just a quick note, Mama mio specialies in pregnancy but all their products are great for minimising stretch marks, might be worth a look, the products are fab - particually for you the ER range would be great.

Becki xxx

Just a quick note, Mama mio specialies in pregnancy but all their products are great for minimising stretch marks, might be worth a look, the products are fab - particually for you the ER range would be great.

Becki xxx
Thanks. Can i get that via the internet?

Hi again, I really understand, as I am in the same boat.

When is this wedding? If you cant cover your arms up, I would try a few different products and see what you get the best cover with. And if you are going to tan yourself, do that before you start trying the products, so you get the best colour match,

either that or wear a wrap/shrug on the day and tell her your fake tan has gone bad and it will look awful in the photos.

Where abouts do the marks start and end?
You can see them on the front of my upper arm. You know what it's like, your eyes see them worse than anyone elses!

Hi hun, the only thing that comes to mind with makeup is if it rubs of on the dress:irked:
but I have seen amazing things done with airbrush makeup and wonder if it is possible to have something with a green or yellow tint airbrushed over the stretch marks then a spray tan over that so just like concealer and foundation, you have something to even out the skin tone and then the tan to give an even glow?

Hi hun, the only thing that comes to mind with makeup is if it rubs of on the dress:irked:
but I have seen amazing things done with airbrush makeup and wonder if it is possible to have something with a green or yellow tint airbrushed over the stretch marks then a spray tan over that so just like concealer and foundation, you have something to even out the skin tone and then the tan to give an even glow?
Us poor women eh?!
To tell you the truth i have started using bio oil and an aloe moisturising cream and they do seen to of reduced a little but it's just the shimmer that is driving me nuts.
I'll have to find out if we have anyone local who does airbrush makeup.
Thanks hun.

Hi
Decleor have just released a new range, that includes the following products that you might be interested in:- Aromessence Sculpt, Perfect Sculpt - Strech Mark, in the morning, Aromesscene Sculpt Balm in the evening. Decleor also do a product called Prolagene Gel ( Prolagene Gel can be used morning and evening and it can be used with both products in the morning and the balm in the evening ) that is well known for helping to take down scarring, but you do need patience with it I personally know people that had facial scars and they have gone, but everyone is different. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back