Need help with toners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pascal

Reaction score
Which L’Oreal toner is best to neutralise orange tones

Which one do you think?

Hi , something ash based would be good but unsure which one would work best from the dia light range - I’m currently working on a level 9 base.
Would something iridescent or pearl based possibly help also ?

*level 8/9 sorry typo their

If you’re neutralising orange tones, it’s definitely not lifted to a level 8/9. Check your lightning curve.
You need blue to neutralise orange but if you use blue on yellow, you’ll end up with a green tinge.

Hi according to the lightening curve that would be a level 7/8.....its on h/h highlights however I have already toned and I think I possibly made a bad choice with the toner I selected which was 9.03 Gold milkshake hence why I’ve now got orange tones to get rid off - I would say before I toned it was level 8/9 according to the lightening curve.
I think I’ve enhanced/added too much warmth.
My aim is to correct the problem by re toning the hair.
Would I be wrong to do this this ?

Last edited:
I was thinking would I be able to re tone with 9.12 iridescent iced milkshake dia light and get rid of the warmth.

Anyone available to help ????

Hi I’ve added too much warmth with a toner best advice needed to fix this issue - working with dia light L’Oreal

Have you completed your level 2 training as learning the basics of toning should be covered in your level 2.
However, I know some colleges can rush through some parts in order to get the students to pass the course so maybe look into booking yourself on a level 3 hairdressing course sooner or a specific colour correction course via your local wholesaler.
Perhaps limit your colour work to basic highlights/root re-touches etc. until you’ve done some colour correction training. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Yes I have completed my level 2 just a made a bad choice this time as still gaining my experience - I should have stuck to the numbering system - I made this mistake of thinking the milkshake range was cool toned based... just was asking for advice as did not want to make another that’s all

I am going to do my level 3 at a later date - can’t wait

Basic rule - always use a toner designed for the level you’ve lifted to.
So if it’s only lifted to an 8, use an 8/— toner. No point using a 10/— as the depth of pigment won’t be strong enough to neutralise an 8.

Basic rule - always use a toner designed for the level you’ve lifted to.
So if it’s only lifted to an 8, use an 8/— toner. No point using a 10/— as the depth of pigment won’t be strong enough to neutralise an 8.[/QUOT Thanks

Latest posts

Back