Need inspiration: life after platinum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serendipity13

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been training for over a year now, and I believe I have made some progress (learning thanks to many mistakes haha ;) ).

I am naturally a level 6, dark blonde. I wanted to see if I could achieve platinum hair and after some trial and error I did (see my profile picture).

Last August I cut over 24 inches of my hair, for several reasons. I definitely don't regret it, as having a pixie cut showed me the importance of hair in society. Very interesting.

Now my hair is not much longer, which is a bit weird but it's always grown slowly; do some vitamins work or is it a waste of money?

My main question now concerns what to do for my next colour: bleaching the roots of my short hair is stressing me out (I don't want to overlap), and I'd like to have a low maintenance color. My skin is quite pale, and my eyes are grey/blue. I'll attach two pictures (the one with the yellow sweater was taken yesterday, and the one with the grey sweater was taken 4 months ago I think). Can you give me your opinion?

Thanks! IMG_3725.JPGIMG_9804.JPG

How about having a root drag/smudge to soften the roots growing out?
I advertise this service to my clients who don't want high maintenance hair but want to stay blonde.
The key is to keep the root colour as close to the natural as possible.
Maybe a few scattered foils to keep the brightness at the front.

If you eat well and arent medically deficient in anything then I don't see why you would need to take vitamins.

Your hair looks like it's growing quite well, I'd advise very regular trims, let the front catch up to the back and then it will start to look more like a Bob within a year.

Good luck on your hair journey!

Hello,

I've been training for over a year now, and I believe I have made some progress (learning thanks to many mistakes haha ;) ).

I am naturally a level 6, dark blonde. I wanted to see if I could achieve platinum hair and after some trial and error I did (see my profile picture).

Last August I cut over 24 inches of my hair, for several reasons. I definitely don't regret it, as having a pixie cut showed me the importance of hair in society. Very interesting.

Now my hair is not much longer, which is a bit weird but it's always grown slowly; do some vitamins work or is it a waste of money?

My main question now concerns what to do for my next colour: bleaching the roots of my short hair is stressing me out (I don't want to overlap), and I'd like to have a low maintenance color. My skin is quite pale, and my eyes are grey/blue. I'll attach two pictures (the one with the yellow sweater was taken yesterday, and the one with the grey sweater was taken 4 months ago I think). Can you give me your opinion?

Thanks!View attachment 208739View attachment 208740
I think your best option would be to visit a salon or ask a fellow hairdresser to lighten your roots and tone you, or you could have the root area highlighted and have lowlights of the same base level as your hair to be d it in?.
Then I'd have the back cut up in to a bob, so you can work on growing the front bits. The front always takes longer to grow down because it has further to travel. (hairline being lower at back) although it seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back, if you carry on growing it the way it is now, the back will always be longer. The sides will never catch up.
As for minerals and vitamins, unless you're spending quite a lot of money on them, most of them have very little benefits! If you already eat a well balanced diet and not deficient in any of the vital vitamins and minerals then your body will pass the excess anyway. So I dare say its a waste of money. Unless you know you're deficient in any way.

Latest posts

Back