Need recommendations for folding table & chairs for mobile nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat27Bro

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for ideas for a folding table and chairs for when I start doing nails mobile. Any recommendations for what you use and what works would be a great help. What do your clients normally sit on etc. Thanks in advance xx

99% of the time, the client has a table and chair set I sit at with no problems. Usually their dining table. I tend to work diagonally across the corner of their table.
Already have to carry so much stuff; an extra table and chairs isn't necessary really. Just make sure you put down a towel covering the entire area you plan to touch and then cover that with couch roll.
If I'm doing toes, I keep a little garden stool thing in my boot just in case, but even then clients usually have something short for me to sit on. Xx

I was mobile when I started out and was so shocked at the amount of clients that didn't have a table and chairs!

Carrying around 2 chairs, a table, couch, waxing supplies, nail supplies, was just too much. I gave up after a few weeks and went to a salon. I'd never go back

I would just ask them if they have somewhere for you to work when you book the appointment

If you search ‘portable nail table’ on eBay , they have plenty of nail tables you can purchase on there. Also they come with a little carry bag too!

99% of the time, the client has a table and chair set I sit at with no problems. Usually their dining table. I tend to work diagonally across the corner of their table.
Already have to carry so much stuff; an extra table and chairs isn't necessary really. Just make sure you put down a towel covering the entire area you plan to touch and then cover that with couch roll.
If I'm doing toes, I keep a little garden stool thing in my boot just in case, but even then clients usually have something short for me to sit on. Xx
Thank you for the advice. Yeah I'm thinking to maybe leave it and if I find people dont have tables etc i can then look at buying on.

I was mobile when I started out and was so shocked at the amount of clients that didn't have a table and chairs!

Carrying around 2 chairs, a table, couch, waxing supplies, nail supplies, was just too much. I gave up after a few weeks and went to a salon. I'd never go back

I would just ask them if they have somewhere for you to work when you book the appointment
That's what I'm a little worried of. I feel like I'm constantly buying more stuff, but I'm sure itll be worth it 😳 thank you

If you search ‘portable nail table’ on eBay , they have plenty of nail tables you can purchase on there. Also they come with a little carry bag too!
I've looked at them, but now I'm thinking I'll need chairs aswell. Just looking to see if anyone found anything that came as a set. I've looked at fold up camp tables which I heard mentioned on a site somewhere and they look quite good. Thanks for the reply

Yeah same as what KyraLouise wrote. I would always take a portable table and fold up stools when I started out. But most of the time clients had a little set up already which made it easier but I did prefer to work on my own table as I found that dining tables were too big so you ended up being on an angle working on the smallest part of the table which I found annoying.
Over time I ended up having so much stuff. I had two beauty cases. One for all the nail stuff and the other which had the dryers in. Then the table and chairs. Looked like I was moving in and then felt like ages putting it all away when finished.
I ended up renting a beauty room and it’s full up now.

But yeah you can always check in advanced if they have the tables and chairs for you to work before taking all of yours. You can always just leave them in the car just in case.

Good luck xx

On the rare occasion I do a mobile nail service, I use the clients ironing board if the have one and their chairs.
I came across the idea on this forum ☺️ Can adjust to the height you want and position it anywhere.

Latest posts

Back