Need some advice from EE geeks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
I did sp eyelash extension course begining of last month. I have been practising on family. done about 8 set's now, the last set I was really pleased with got about 65-70 lashes in per eye in 2 hours. Only to be told they didn't last long at all. I don't know what to do, I rang the company yesterday and they said they would get back to me and I haven't heard anything since.

I don't have a certificate at the moment so can't try other glue, could it be my technique? I prep well.

Also how did you guys get practise in, I can't charge £55.00 a set of lashes that don't last. I really need to get more practise and was wondering if I did a model price say £25.00? I really don't want to sit there for 2 hours for peanut's but whilst I need the practise wondred if it would be worth it, just for a week. Honestly?

I've spend alot of money and really want to get going with them, at the moment fell like I hit a dead end.

I have client's that are willing to pay full price so I want to get it sorted ASAP!!!

Any advice whatsoever is helpful right now.

Thank you

Kerry

did u shake your glue ? their was a lady on my course that didnt and it split also did they follow after care ?

did u shake your glue ? their was a lady on my course that didnt and it split also did they follow after care ?

I'm not sure, I'll try it next time thank you. They have been following the aftercare. They said how much they rub there eye's and never noticed before, so had been trying not to touch them. I really went though aftercare just incase it was something with that.

thank you

Hi Kezza

Can't be sure but would say its probably something to do with either your prep or your adhesive. Who did you train with and what adhesive are your using?

Anglecaz1 is right, always give your adhesive a good shake. Really make sure you prep well as any make up or oils left on the lashes will affect the longevity of the lashes.

However, to be honest huni, ask yourself the question that if you are practising on family and friends are they taking you seriously and looking after their lashes as they should. Alot of family and friends don't just because they don't value them as they are free.

I personally offered lashes to clients for £30 whilst I was trying to build my skill up. I found "clients" much better to work with than my family but maybe thats just me.

hth

Heather x

Hi Kezza

Can't be sure but would say its probably something to do with either your prep or your adhesive. Who did you train with and what adhesive are your using?

Anglecaz1 is right, always give your adhesive a good shake. Really make sure you prep well as any make up or oils left on the lashes will affect the longevity of the lashes.

However, to be honest huni, ask yourself the question that if you are practising on family and friends are they taking you seriously and looking after their lashes as they should. Alot of family and friends don't just because they don't value them as they are free.

I personally offered lashes to clients for £30 whilst I was trying to build my skill up. I found "clients" much better to work with than my family but maybe thats just me.

hth

Heather x

Thank you

I trained with Ilash with abx. I'm using the ilash xtra adhesive. I know they have a better adhesive but it's quicker drying.

I'm going to try that with client's. Thank you. I know it's about practise, it's just so disheartening when it doesn't go well.

Thank you

Keep persevering I've just completed my 6th set following my training at the beginning of October, im slllllllloooooowwwwwllly getting there lol, not sure I'll be up to as many lashes as you by my 8th set, so well done. I am currently charging customers £25 per set.:biggrin:

I did sp eyelash extension course begining of last month. I have been practising on family. done about 8 set's now, the last set I was really pleased with got about 65-70 lashes in per eye in 2 hours. Only to be told they didn't last long at all. I don't know what to do, I rang the company yesterday and they said they would get back to me and I haven't heard anything since.

I don't have a certificate at the moment so can't try other glue, could it be my technique? I prep well.

Also how did you guys get practise in, I can't charge £55.00 a set of lashes that don't last. I really need to get more practise and was wondering if I did a model price say £25.00? I really don't want to sit there for 2 hours for peanut's but whilst I need the practise wondred if it would be worth it, just for a week. Honestly?

I've spend alot of money and really want to get going with them, at the moment fell like I hit a dead end.

I have client's that are willing to pay full price so I want to get it sorted ASAP!!!

Any advice whatsoever is helpful right now.

Thank you

Kerry

It could be that the lashes have not been placed properly and so the bond isn't so good. To get the amount of lashes that you managed in 2hrs is pretty fast for a newbie with a slow drying glue.
At the stage you are at i would tend to ignore the time you take and concentrate more on making sure the lashes are applied perfectly, right along the lash and making sure you have isolated the lash properly and it isn't sticking to the lash beside it.

I'm not saying that is definitely the reason, but if you are saying you preped properly and the glue has been fine with others then it really comes down to application or aftercare.

Make sure to go through the whole aftercare routine with her. It could also be her sleeping on her face or using a soap full of oils to clean her face. I have one client that never loses her lashes early, at the last infill they had almost all come out (even the ones applied at the previous infill) it turned out she had changed her soap and it caused her lashes to come off.

When i started i charged £20 for 2hrs work as a practice. I knew my lashes were lasting but i was needing to pick up with the speed by that stage. I also made sure people were aware of what the price would be once i went up to full price.
Another thing you could do is charge full price and maybe offer a free infill with every full set (to be used within 2wks of application). That way if they don't last you can top them up as part of the deal.

Good luck :Love:

Latest posts

Back