Need some advice on how to help my client with a broken natural nail! NSS Damage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fificharlie

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have a client booked in on Saturday who popped in today to show me her nails.

They are NSS and have been on so long they are beyond an infill, but one nail is worrying me somewhat.

Her little finger nail on her left hand has acrylic on, but the natural nail underneath is completely off all bar a little bit by her cuticle - she caught it and its nearly ripped her nail off.

She has been this way since before xmas untill now when she happened to talk to another client of mine - who recommended me :green:

She has been walking round with a plaster on all this time! I had a good look today and the nail looks very damaged, but not at all infected as far as I can see, no redness, no swelling, no puss etc etc.

I am really afraid that when I am removing the NSS acrylic that her nail will come off.......... I have never dealt with damage like this before.

What would you suggest? I can remove the rest no problem - I was going to suggest her going to her docs for the really damaged one.....I'm not sure what they would do either?

Any help geeks? xxx

Hiya .. so there is still product on the nail...and its the actual nail thats just hanging on...?

Hiya .. so there is still product on the nail...and its the actual nail thats just hanging on...?

Got it in one Bagpuss - I thought about clipping it down as short as poss and filling any rough edges so as to minimise the risk of further catching, she says it doesnt hurt at all anymore, though when she did it she said there was alot of blood :eek:

If its detached from the nail bed then its best to be as short as possible.

Hi geeks,

I have a client booked in on Saturday who popped in today to show me her nails.

They are NSS and have been on so long they are beyond an infill, but one nail is worrying me somewhat.

Her little finger nail on her left hand has acrylic on, but the natural nail underneath is completely off all bar a little bit by her cuticle - she caught it and its nearly ripped her nail off.

She has been this way since before xmas untill now when she happened to talk to another client of mine - who recommended me :green:

She has been walking round with a plaster on all this time! I had a good look today and the nail looks very damaged, but not at all infected as far as I can see, no redness, no swelling, no puss etc etc.

I am really afraid that when I am removing the NSS acrylic that her nail will come off.......... I have never dealt with damage like this before.

What would you suggest? I can remove the rest no problem - I was going to suggest her going to her docs for the really damaged one.....I'm not sure what they would do either?

Any help geeks? xxx

Fificharlie... she has absolute nail plate seperation. You need to soak off the product and cut the nail down short. It will grow back but it needs to be short so the NN can re-attach itself. HTH's

Just remember if they are MMA nails u wont be able to soak off

if there is no product on the nail that has come away (ie its grown a good distance down the nail) if u can u can clip the nail off behind the product, that will save you filing or soaking that particular nail.

Latest posts

Back