Need some answers on UV Polish Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gellish76

Reaction score
Hello friends.... I have looked all over here and cant seem to find a topic to answer my questions :(
I wanna try a normal Uv polish top coat that goes over normal polish not the gel polish top coats that are out.
How do you use this over nail polish and does it speed up drying time and does it make polish last longer?:eek:

Hello friends.... I have looked all over here and cant seem to find a topic to answer my questions :(
I wanna try a normal Uv polish top coat that goes over normal polish not the gel polish top coats that are out.
How do you use this over nail polish and does it speed up drying time and does it make polish last longer?:eek:

I've thought about this but never tryed why? Because I came to the conclusion that if it was a sucsessfull thing just to put a UV top coat over any random polish why would the industry have gone crazy with the likes of shellac , Gelish and allllllll the others?

You can already get regular polish in ANY color but we all sit here desperate for news on the next 12 Shellac colors or the next 24 Gelish colors ,
If regular polish could successfully be topped in a UV top coat then why have the UV polishes done what they have done to the industry?

I know some UV top coats are advertised for going over polish, and
I admit I haven't tryed the various diffrent UV top coats over polish , so maybe I shouldn't be answering this question but I don't feel I need to waste money on useless products and risk the over exposure to my clients when there are such amazing full systems available as Shellac , Gelish and the others.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

How about NSI Thermoshield? This is what it says about it on their website;

* Heat/UV activated polish sealant for dent-free shiny protection of professional nail enhancements
* Cures in 3 minutes with a 60 Watt bulb or any 9 Watt UV lamp for an ultra-shiny, non-smudge finish that lasts for two weeks or more
* Out-shines and out-wears other top coat
* Use Thermodrops to increase the number of Thermoshield applications by 40%

Well creative use to do a uv dry top coat which I loved but then they stopped doin it so now I use seche uv dry top coat it is good paint and then put under ur lamp for 3 mins it makes them dry enough to go home I usually put solar oil on top I have one client that nearly always smudges when she gets home ( in the process of trying to convert her to shellac) but the rest of my clients are good !!

Well creative use to do a uv dry top coat which I loved but then they stopped doin it
Do you mean Faze2 top coat?
That wasn't a Creative product, it was a Designer Nails product.
I have 1/2 a bottle of it stored away in my desk draw :wink2: I still use it occasionally on myself but since I've had Lumos Top coat (non UV) I don't feel a faster drying top coat is really needed over enamel :D

Do you mean Faze2 top coat?
That wasn't a Creative product, it was a Designer Nails product.
I have 1/2 a bottle of it stored away in my desk draw :wink2: I still use it occasionally on myself but since I've had Lumos Top coat (non UV) I don't feel a faster drying top coat is really needed over enamel :D

My Gosh that's an old one Sandi!!

No the poster meant UV dry which CND did have in the range a while ago. Not sure why they stopped producing it as they loved it here in my area.

I use Lumos top and Bottom coat too. It dries as fast as anything you can put under a UV Lamp in my opinion and the shine is a s good as Shellac which if ti gets any shinier then I haven't seen it!!

How about NSI Thermoshield? This is what it says about it on their website;

* Heat/UV activated polish sealant for dent-free shiny protection of professional nail enhancements
* Cures in 3 minutes with a 60 Watt bulb or any 9 Watt UV lamp for an ultra-shiny, non-smudge finish that lasts for two weeks or more
* Out-shines and out-wears other top coat
* Use Thermodrops to increase the number of Thermoshield applications by 40%

I bought 2 little bottles (at different times) of the NSI Therodrops & both evaporated before I ever got to use them......:rolleyes:

My Gosh that's an old one Sandi!!
Ha! yes it is isn't it... my bottle's safely stashed :lol:

No the poster meant UV dry which CND did have in the range a while ago. Not sure why they stopped producing it as they loved it here in my area.
You know, I don't remember that product, unless it was before I started to use Creative... either that or I was totally oblivious to it :wink2:

Wow, this is sooo weird as I was just about to post a thread similar to this! I know exactly what you mean and what you want but I just can't find anything!!:eek:. I have got my friends elderly mum coming soon who just wants a long lasting polish on her natural nails NOT a polish/gel. So I bought some Sina UV topcoat and tried out on myself. I used CND super stickey basecoat, then 2 coats nail polish and then the Sina topcoat. But OMG when I went in the lamp I got a massive heat spike! Obviously this topcoat can only be used on enhancements (gel/acrylic) and NOT natural nails. Thank god I tested it out. I've been searching the net for uv dry topcoats suitable for NATURAL NAILS and have found a couple of possibilities but the product despcription doesn't say enough to know if they're safe for NN's so I've sent a few emails and am waiting to hear back. I'll let you know if I find anything.:hug: xxx

Hi again, I got a reply back and have purchased Millenium UV Top Coat. The nail supply person said it works great over NN's with nail polish and doesn't cause a heat spike in the lamp. Apparently it makes nail polish last a bit longer and is removable with acetone. I'll be trying it out on my teenage daughter when it arrives and can let you know how well it lasts if you like? HTH:hug: xx

Hi again, I got a reply back and have purchased Millenium UV Top Coat. The nail supply person said it works great over NN's with nail polish and doesn't cause a heat spike in the lamp. Apparently it makes nail polish last a bit longer and is removable with acetone. I'll be trying it out on my teenage daughter when it arrives and can let you know how well it lasts if you like? HTH:hug: xx

I brought some of this at the show and couldn't get it too dry properly don't lnow if I was using it quite right ?? What instructions were u given ??

I brought some of this at the show and couldn't get it too dry properly don't lnow if I was using it quite right ?? What instructions were u given ??

Hi, I was told to apply it over the top of nail polish and cure in the lamp for 60secs. What were you told? xx

They didn't say anything I just read the bottle which said the same as you ....

They didn't say anything I just read the bottle which said the same as you ....

Oh dear. Well as soon as I try it out I'll let you know the results. Maybe it needs an extra minute to cure? Did you put it straight over the top of nail polish? xx

I just treated it the same as my old creTive one so left it too soak in then cured for one min ?? Let us know how u get on x

I just treated it the same as my old creTive one so left it too soak in then cured for one min ?? Let us know how u get on x

Will do hun xx

quattro do a top coat that goes over natural nails. You have to wait til your nail polish is dry and then apply it. Cures under uv lamp for three minutes, but needs buffed off as far as i know

Thanks girls... I love this site!!!

Hi Geeks, just updating you on how I got on with the Millenium UV Topcoat over polish. Well, it was a load of old rubbish:eek:. Firstly, I had problems applying the polish (opi) over the top of the thin basecoat of cured s/o gel (cuccio) as the polish was literally being absorbed instantly, and drying instantly too, making it unable to push/pull like applying normal nail polish. Anyway, I perservered and then applied the Millenium topcoat. Well, as soon as the topcoat touched the dried polish, it took off some of the colour, which resulted in it being patchy. I then literally floated the topcoat over the polish and did manage but the result didn't look immaculate. Cured the topcoat for 1 minute as per instructions and when I wiped the dispersion layer, the whole lot of polish came with it! I then decided to cure for another minute to see if that helped but it didn't. So,in the end the whole lot of polish wiped off and my poor daughter ended up with crap nails lol. I removed any last traces and ended up giving her a normal manicure/polish with a LLW topcoat and they have chipped already!. God knows what I'm gonna do with this elderly lady who doesn't want gels but just a polish lasting at least a week (she doesn't want to come back for soaking off). Any ideas geeks??? xxxx

I believe it is meant as a normal top coat that dries in uv light rather than a gel so no dispersion layer just dry x
But as I previously said I found it too be rubbish at drying !!!

Latest posts

Back