need some geeky waxing help !!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
hi guys , im new to waxing and went on a course a few weeks ago and im now doing nvq waxing . i got my kit last week and did my mates upper thighs , her hubbys hairy shoulder lol(hes a builder and has a hairy maouse shape on his loading arm)lol , i also did my fiancees chest . i feel really confident in practicing this but now 2 other mates want me to do thier eyebrows!!!!! i only waxd 1 ladies eyebrows on the course and im scared stiff i will wax the whole brow off!lol

my friend wants her top lip done to which im ok with , but my question is what do u geeks wax first the lip or brows ?? which works best for u .?
also any eyebrow wax tips for a nervous waxer would be great ! thanks in advance x

Hello

When I first started waxing I hated eyebrow waxing! But then i got a job in a salon and you are constantly doing them that they become second nature!

I personally do eyebrows before lip but thats just my preference.

as for tips - pracrtice, practice, practice! Do little bits at a time.
Always use a new strip (because the wax on the strip could take hair off that should stay there! lol)

And remember keep calm and you will be fine.
Plus you could always ask the training school to go over this with you.

HTH
Good luck

Best wishes
Bronni
xxx

I don't think it matters which you do first. With regard to the eyebrow, you can put vaseline over the part of the brow that you don't want to wax, also use a very small spatula such as an orange stick. Only pick up a tiny bit of wax from the pot, remember you can always go back for more. If you aply the wax too thickly it will spread when you press the strip down and take off more than you wanted.

Try to attend Axiom's next workshop so you can have a play with hot wax - it's great for eyebrows :)

I always use vaseline when doing eyebrow waxing just to play safe, I used to be really nervous too but lots of practice on friends and family made me so much more confident, I too would do lip before brows as I find lip has more of a reaction so it gives it another 10-15 minutes to go down whilst you are doing their eyebrows before they have to walk outside like it :)!

Good luck! x

I don't think it matters which you do first. With regard to the eyebrow, you can put vaseline over the part of the brow that you don't want to wax, also use a very small spatula such as an orange stick. Only pick up a tiny bit of wax from the pot, remember you can always go back for more. If you aply the wax too thickly it will spread when you press the strip down and take off more than you wanted.

Try to attend Axion's next workshop so you can have a play with hot wax - it's great for eyebrows :)

This is a very good tip and also the one about using a new strip each time, I didnt once and took half my mates eyebrow! It was a disaster - she forgave me eventually. :hug:

Another thing to remember whilst you are still perfecting your technique is that you don't have to go right up to your line with wax if you're not confident. Take the bulk away with wax but then remove those closest with tweezers. That way you shouldn't accidentally whip the whole lot off!!

And remember to only apply and remove the wax once on the the brow area. The skin is too sensitive to cope with more. So if you miss some hairs on your first wax just remove them with the tweezers.

I always have an eybrow brush/comb handy. I use this to brush the hair upwards and then you done get any longer hairs trapped in wax too. Once the bulk is off, I brush the hair back in place to check the shape and tidy with tweezers.

Def try hot wax too. I have very sensitive skin where waxing is concerned and I don't get half the reaction I get that I get with strip. I only use strip for legs and some bikini - but thats just me.

I remember my first bikini wax from college. It was awful and I still feel sympathy for the client!! All great now tho.:hug:

Good tip about the vaseline, i am off to get some:)

Loads of tips regarding application but another oen for small sticks which i fidn good for eyebrows and lips are the costa coffee sticks nice length but good widtha dn not to hefty and i always use vaseline as im not confident in muckying up x

oh cool thanks geeks for the repliies thats great!!!! will def give the vaseline a go and have some orange stticks handy so those mite do the trick! as im not going to costa coffee b4 tomoro lol but will do from now on!!! thanks geeks!!!!

Defo use Vaseline! If your nervous about taking all the hair off then it'll really help.
With the lip wax i always find if you ask your client to put her tonge under her top lip it'll stretch the area of skin and make it easy to apply and remove wax. (Hope that explained it ok)
Also you'll find that the lip stays red for longer so i would do that first.
You'll soon pick up your own methods though,

xXx Hannah xXx:hug:

also i always put the strip edge to where the wax is , as sometimes when you rub down the wax can spread if you put a bit too much on ,
and as long as theres no strip it cant take off what isnt there!!
i got that tip from a american waxing book when i first started , :lol:

I never just wax eyebrows i always finish the finer detail shaping with tweezers.
With the upper lip i do side,side and middle. with the middle tell them to tighten their upper lip over their upper teeth and say 'tighten' just before you pull.In the very corners of their mouth tell them to push their tongue into that area and keep tight. For the rest of the lip i pull with other hand to tighten skin.
As in other areas if you keep the skin tight ,the wax thin you will not have so much resistance on pulling so less redness and less chance of skinning and bruising.Never ever go over eyebrow or upper lip skin again with wax it will invariably take the skin off which will present itself eventualy as a graze.

Have just finished my waxing course today, and noticed that on one of your replies you said only to wax once on the brow. We were told to do it in 2 strips because the area is so sensitive and its not nice for the client. Another tip aswell as the vaseline is to make sure you can see the rest of the brow that you are not waxing when u place on the strip.:rolleyes:

Have just finished my waxing course today, and noticed that on one of your replies you said only to wax once on the brow. We were told to do it in 2 strips because the area is so sensitive and its not nice for the client. Another tip aswell as the vaseline is to make sure you can see the rest of the brow that you are not waxing when u place on the strip.:rolleyes:

What I meant was to only apply the wax once to minimize the risk of grazing. You would still remove in as many strips as necessary. :)

Latest posts

Back