Need some help defending nail enhancements!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlabarbie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I belong to another forum, and I always keep a look out for posts on nails, as I like to make sure everyone is well informed.:green:

I have had to post countless times about acrylic NOT being bad for your nails. People just really dont understand! I have pointed out that going to a NSS, picking or biting will damage, but not if applied by a kind and caring highly proud nail tech!

I have even posted about MMA in order to get the points across about NSS.

The other problem I'm having is "gels are much better for you than acrylic". Especially Calgel.

Am I right in thinking this is NOT true and that all systems are actually acrylic in various forms?

Thanks all. x

That is right hun, all systems are acrylic based in one form or another

That is right hun, all systems are acrylic based in one form or another

Thanks hun.

So why does everyone seem to think that Calgel or even BioSculpt are so much kinder and better for you?

I'm not having a go at Calgel or Bio users, I used to have Bio done on myself for a short while.

I am genuinely interested, as I sometimes feel I am fighting a losing battle, trying to defend the acrylic L&P system that I have become so passionate about!:)

Thanks hun.

So why does everyone seem to think that Calgel or even BioSculpt are so much kinder and better for you?

I'm not having a go at Calgel or Bio users, I used to have Bio done on myself for a short while.

I am genuinely interested, as I sometimes feel I am fighting a losing battle, trying to defend the acrylic L&P system that I have become so passionate about!:)

Firstly Carlabarbie it would help if you started calling 'acrylic' liquid and powder, so everyone knows you are using correct terminolgy in the first instance. Secondly, all companies like to have their marketing lines, for example... X product doesn't cause dust (fact is of course it does when you file it:rolleyes:, even if it's shaping at the fee edge!); X product doesn't damage the nailplate (no product damages the nail plate - only the person applying (generally during PREP) or the person picking it off)... You are right to ask the questions; knowledge is power.

Any product out there can be detrimental to the natural nail if not applied correctly or mechanically removed (by teeth, picking or some other horrible method). When you know the facts and don't listen to personal opinon... you can stand up and explain anything and people will listen! HTH's:!:

Hun i used to think that l and p ruined your nails,until i learnt otherwise,and of course i know thats not true.

Just keep plugging away,and know you are the professional.Be diplomatic,stand your ground.Some people will never alter thier perceptions.These people will sadly never aspire or grow.:rolleyes:

You have the knowledge so just keep at it:hug:

Have a little look at this Acrylic Damages Nails this was on here a while ago, if you follow the link in the first post, you will see that a lot of geeks got involved trying to educate people, but, it has to be said, some people have fixed ideas in their head and WILL not have their outdated beliefs changed!

There were some brilliant arguments put forward that you may be able to use, good luck!:green:

I agree with the others, ANY system is harmless until put in the wrong hands for application.
I remember being at a demo and the 'model' complaining to the trainer/tech that whenever she had nails before they had all just sprung off...the tech listened to her whilst working then said as she pointed to the 10 little nailtips waiting to be applied ' you'll be ok with these ones, theyre well trained , theyve not jumped up once since weve been talking or maybe these ones just dont have legs or brains'

A bit cheeky, but the 'model' got the point...while we all choked on our coffees :lol:

I also believe in chosing the system best for the client whatever that may be.

[QUOTE=pinkthistle;607145 ' you'll be ok with these ones, theyre well trained , theyve not jumped up once since weve been talking or maybe these ones just dont have legs or brains'

HAHAHAHA that is a classic!

i just re-read that link again (On the other forum) its really wound me up! xx

Latest posts

Back