need some help - nails not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazzzy

Reaction score
hi
can anyone help me ,having some troule with my nails that i have applied.im using lechat gel ,i have done a few sets now on clients since gaining my nail tech qualificaion but seem to be having a few problems.the nails only seem to be lasting a week on clients and i cant understand why.dont no what im doing wrong and starting to feel very disheartened with me self.can anyone help

What's happening to them... are they breaking? If so whereabouts on the nail?
Are they lifting, where are they lifting, zone 3, sidewalls etc?

Lifting is usually caused by insufficient prep of the nailplate and/or soft tissue contact with your product.
Breaking/snapping etc is caused by lack of strength, ie thin apex or incorrect apex placement.

Is LeChat cured in a UV Lamp? If so do the bulbs need changing?

The more info you give to us the more help we can give to you :hug:

i am regional educator for lechat, i'll do all i can to help you.

can you explain in what way the nails are not lasting ? breaking or lifting ?

i am regional educator for lechat, i'll do all i can to help you.

can you explain in what way the nails are not lasting ? breaking or lifting ?

hi
the problem i have is i have 2 clients that are hairdressers one has a very big c curve only put on normal white tips and she told me that after 2 days they came of.
the other lady is a trainee hairdresser and her nails lifted on sideways the next day and by three days she took rest of as she said they looked bad and some had come of.
my other client still has nails on have to do infills every two weeks as nails grow fast but she does not have any problem unless she catches them and then they come of.
so am getting very dis-heartened with doing my nails now worried clients will be very unhappy and dont wont that only passed course 2 months ago but i love doing nails and love using lechat.any ideas what im doing wrong
cheers
carole

Lifting etc... as mentioned by many others is mostley caused by poor prep.
Always remove the cuticles properly, remove shine, oils /scrubresh or naildehydrator- sanitizer of the system you work with and avoid getting in on tips. afterwards don,t touch the nails aswell as the customer. if your system requieres the use of a bonder always use it sparingly since to much causes lifting aswell. Keep your product application away from the customers surounding skin so it doesn,t come in contact with it.

If you do this correctly it could be down to your uv lamp. Check your bulbs and replace them around 6 months. use the uv lamp that goes allong with your system.

If all of this is A-ok then i don,t think that it could have something to do with your application.

Some hairdressers don,t wear gloves and the nails come in contact with chemicals. My only experience with some of my customers which were hairdressers that the shine of their enhancements was always missing when they came back and that their enhancements got discolored. i never had a problem with lifting only ones in a while with breakage since they admitted not being carefull.

If all your other customers are ok and only those two give problems it could be that it is something that they do. You can check their nails aswell if the nailplate shows symptoms of trauma like bright pink discoloration are white lines which indicates that they tear them off. If the nail looks smooth and doesn,t show any of the above symptoms they probably came of very easily

for the lady that has a very pronounced c curve, it could be that the tips you are using are not fitting well. if they are having to be forced into the natural shape of her nails, over time the adhesive you used to apply them will weaken and the tips will come away. try to find a tip that matches in shape to her natural c curve.

for the hairdresser, i'd agree that it could be chemicals affecting the product.
it also sounds like there might be a little product running into the side walls and causing lift where it has touched the skin. a good way to prevent this is to run a cocktail stick around the cuticle/sidewall edges before you cure to ensure there is no product touching the skin. also you could try applying your topcoat gel to only 2 nails at a time and giving them a few seconds in the lamp before you carry on with the others. this will freeze cure the gel into place and prevent the product running whilst you apply to the other fingers.
when you have finished all fingers, cure as normal.

obviously thorough preparation is paramount, but if you are having success with other clients, it sounds like you are doing well on this.

hi again
still trying to inprove my nails, still getting major problems with nails staying on .
im using le chat products.but my white tips are the edge,the client i do who has no problems wonted white tips on, this i did looked great but only lasted two days and they look really bad now and not staying on lifting at sides .and before i used natural nail tips without these problem. could it be the tips.when i have said about my other problems its been with le chat products and white tips. should i do another course as i have lost all confidence with doing nails and dont no weather just to give up as i might not be any good
i no this seems drastic but at my wits end and dont no how to get help to put me right.
i only do nails from home for a few friends would like to expanded more but with these problems would not be fare to get new clients.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP

Gel and white tips often don't make good bedfellows! The White of the tip reflects the uv light back rather than absorbing it so a full cure often isn't achieved. You can correct this in a couple of ways - either try a double cure ( ie twice under the correct uv lamp for your system) keeping your product nice and thin, or dump the white tips and use natural tips and then applying a white gel. Also make sure you have completely buffed off the shine of the tip as gel does not work well on a smooth surface.

hi
the problem i have is i have 2 clients that are hairdressers one has a very big c curve only put on normal white tips and she told me that after 2 days they came of.
the other lady is a trainee hairdresser and her nails lifted on sideways the next day and by three days she took rest of as she said they looked bad and some had come of.
my other client still has nails on have to do infills every two weeks as nails grow fast but she does not have any problem unless she catches them and then they come of.
so am getting very dis-heartened with doing my nails now worried clients will be very unhappy and dont wont that only passed course 2 months ago but i love doing nails and love using lechat.any ideas what im doing wrong
cheers
carole

Carole,
Do you think you are properly fitting the nail into the well of the white tip? I had this exact problem - white tips lifting at sidewalls and coming off if she snagged them on things. I felt exactly the way you do - very discouraged and embarrassed! I realized I had put more of the tip than just the well on the nail, if that makes sense. Once I redid them making sure the well fit perfectly, they were fine. I use different gel, but this may be your probem too.
hth, alex

Latest posts

Back