Need some help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rds

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place basically I worked in a hair salon for nearly 11 years and left just recently to have a family but I was trained in the salon and didn't go to college or anything and have been working as a stylist for 8-9years problem is because I didn't go to college I don't have any qualifications and feel there is a lot of things I need to advance in I'm fully capable of all aspects of hairdressing but feel there's a lot more I could learn anyway iv been thinking about going to college and retraining and possibly going on to teach i just feel although I am fully able to do hair I don't actually have anything on paper I know this is a long post but I would be very grateful if anybody can off some advice or if anyone has did what I am doing ? Many thanks

if you go to your local college they should be able to tailor a course to suit your needs, a friend of mine was in the same position. As you have already done the work they will push you through your assessments asap, obviously you will still have to go to some lessons to make sure you have the knowledge but it shouldnt take you long at all to do, good luck xx

Thank you for your replies I was insured under the salon I'm not sure how that would work actually now that's think about it my boss dealt with insurance but I remember when he called he said he had trained me so I'm not too sure yes I was wondering if the college could do a fast track course I will give the, a call and see if they could offer anything I feel better now knowing that this is possible I started when I was 16 so I suppose at the time I should have said about college xx

Thank you for your replies I was insured under the salon I'm not sure how that would work actually now that's think about it my boss dealt with insurance but I remember when he called he said he had trained me so I'm not too sure yes I was wondering if the college could do a fast track course I will give the, a call and see if they could offer anything I feel better now knowing that this is possible I started when I was 16 so I suppose at the time I should have said about college xx

yes they should do my college does a fast track its a night course one day a week so they should be something for you good luck :) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hiya just called my local college and they says I would just go straight to the hoc as iv got more than 5years experience really glad has any odd done this before x

Latest posts

Back