Need some inspiration for bored clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkerpink

Reaction score
Hey guys! :irked:

I'm a little ashamed of this posting but I know you will all have some good advice. For the past two years I have been doing the normal natural tips/natural acrylic, natural tips/white acrylic, clear tips/crushed pearls, plus the odd diamante, diamante flowers, real flowers under acrylic and nail art flicks here and there (I am not too good at free-hand nail art). However, I feel I need to offer more!

I have got the mosiac glimmer and twilight powders which I have used over white tips but what else can they do? I would like to do black tips but don't know what powder to buy (I only use creative). I am always asked for zebra print etc but unless I can get it perfect I won't do it. I feel I'm falling behind and unless I can give my old faithful clients something new they will just get bored and stop having them done. I also have some brides that want something extra special and bling but if I see something I like I am unsure how to go about it.

Also does anyone know where to get some extra small diamantes from?

CND have a black Mosaic powder...also Sin City is a glittery black in the Metro range...both are open stock so you can buy them separate. Just get some and get practising. Maybe get some City of Angels (copper glitter), and can add Tiger stripe to your repertoire too.

There are other glitter powders out there too...Nail Graphix, EzFlow Boogie nights that you can use with your CND monomer. HTH

smallest rhinestones I have found come in a wheel from salon systems if I remember correctly, they are really tiny, smaller than ss6(1.8mm). hth. x

nailgraphix have some fab glittery powders that you can use with your creative L&P, they have some lovley colours and effects

also have you thought about taking a nail art course, to boost your skills, sometimes it only takes someone to show you something and bam,your inspiration and creativity kicks in?

got to say hun, just go for it with the tiger stripes, you cant really go wrong IMHO, the less uniform the better with tiger stripes or leopard spots

hths xxx

I can go pretty extreme with my nail art, and I can also go simple and make a big impression with the use of my colors.

I don't know how your funds are, but I would get the Mosaic and Metro Metals pwd collections.. Search around and find small mixing glitters, maybe one of your distributors would have them.. Hit up an art supply store, get regular acrylic paints and a variety of brushes, make sure you get a tiny flat and round brush, you might be able to get glitter their too.. I have a good collection of stripers too!!

My clients don't get board thats for sure!!:) They have so many options, I can't always be that creative, so given they have options and so do I we feed off of eachother and have a great time.. Glitter is huge here, ya can't get enough glitter.. I have a crystal glitter that goes great with any color of acrylic.. I have clients that want to match their phones.. I have clients that want more than one color on their tips.. So I have the mosaic and metro metals for that reason.. I can make any color you can imagin.. Its so fun!!

As for ideas, find pictures you like on here and go home and try them.. Just research!! I'm sure you do great and have fun!! You don't have to be an awesome artist to make a big impression!:wink2:

Good luck!!

Thanks guys!! I knew you would come up trumps. I didn't even know you could use other powders with my retention+! Thanks, you are all stars!

Thanks guys!! I knew you would come up trumps. I didn't even know you could use other powders with my retention+! Thanks, you are all stars!

The Mosaic and Metro pwds are CND... I just custom blend my own colors with them and add glitter.. But Boogie Nights is known as a universal pwd collection, I haven't known of a liquid that couldn't be used with it.. I don't even know how that works anyway.. Thats why I say "known."

I'd think about doing a nail art course. They're supposed to be a really fun day, as well as giving you loads of tips. I'm booking up as soon as my pennies allow.

Latest posts

Back